Manny Delcarmen called up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Manny Delcarmen called up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manny Delcarmen called up?

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:26 pm

Reports in Boston say that Manny Delcarmen will join the team sometime this week. Delcarmen has a 97 mph fastball and good curve and slider. My guess is they will get rid of the Dali Halama (finally) and stick him in the pen. There is no link but it's all over the SoSH boards which is usually creditable source.

Manny's stats (AAA)
9.2 inn, 0-1, 2.79 ERA, 14 k's, 4 bb

Edit: found a little something about it, Link
Delcarmen to make major move
(By Chris Snow, Globe Staff)
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Manny Delcarmen , the righthanded reliever from Hyde Park with the mid-90s fastball and dynamic 12-to-6 curveball, was in Boston last night preparing to fly out this morning to join the Red Sox for his first stint in the majors.
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:40 pm

Halama already resides in the pen....you mean designate him for assignment?
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Re: Manny Delcarmen called up?

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:08 pm

Trot Nixon wrote: My guess is they will get rid of the Dali Halama (finally) and stick him in the pen.

I took this as... they will get rid of Halama and stick him (delcarmen) in the pen.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:21 pm

garf112 wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote: My guess is they will get rid of the Dali Halama (finally) and stick him in the pen.

I took this as... they will get rid of Halama and stick him (delcarmen) in the pen.

that makes sense to me...
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:20 pm

bigken117 wrote:
garf112 wrote:

that makes sense to me...
Yeah, thats what I meant, it's 100 degrees out today and about 90 inside the Statehouse...wasn't all there today sorry

Theres also talk of swapping Delcarmen for Baez of Tampa...interesting
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Morrison8312 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:46 pm

According to this morning's Boston Globe, relief pitcher Manny Delcarmen will be promoted to Boston today from Triple-A Pawtucket. The Globe's Chris Snow reported that Delcarmen was in Boston last night preparing to fly out to Tampa to join the team. Delcarmen made six appearances in Pawtucket, striking out 12 batters in nine innings and posting a 3.00 ERA. He primarily uses a fastball that hits the high 90s and a 12-6 curveball. In 2000, he was the first player drafted out of a Boston high school in 34 years. He had Tommy John surgery in May 2003, returning a year later. There was no report on what corresponding roster move would be made to add Delcarmen to the 25-man active roster (he is already on the 40-man roster). In other news, Matt Mantei was moved to the 60-day DL to make room for Craig Hansen on the 40-man roster.

That's the whole story from soxprospects.com. It looks like Hansen will be on the 40 man roster....
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball