Schmidt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Schmidt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schmidt

Postby prodpaul » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:01 am

Those of you who watched the game. How fast was he bringing it last night?

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:05 am

In the commentary forum there was a post saying he was hitting 92-94 consistently.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dmville » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:06 am

he hit 93-94 when he needed to, most FB's 90-91. A lot of change ups too. Control was pretty good, lost a few fastballs inside but pitched well.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:15 pm

He looked pretty good last night. He got out of tight spots by making some really good pitches....Like most of you have posted, his fastball was running up at about 94. I think the fastballs that were 90-92 were two-seemers, so thats a pretty good velocity....His change was nasty and his curve looked sharp too. His control wasn't spectacular, but he made good pitches when he needed too....

I just heard he could be traded to the CHI SOX. What does this do to his value? Sure, he might be in line for a few more wins, but it is a hitters park and he'll be facing better offenses.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:57 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:He looked pretty good last night. He got out of tight spots by making some really good pitches....Like most of you have posted, his fastball was running up at about 94. I think the fastballs that were 90-92 were two-seemers, so thats a pretty good velocity....His change was nasty and his curve looked sharp too. His control wasn't spectacular, but he made good pitches when he needed too....

I just heard he could be traded to the CHI SOX. What does this do to his value? Sure, he might be in line for a few more wins, but it is a hitters park and he'll be facing better offenses.

I'm not quite sure about Schmidt facing better offenses, even though he has to face the DH. He would be in the division that has the Tigers, the Royals, and the Indians (who can't churn out runs at times it seems). The Twins aren't exactly a stronger lineup than one he would face in the NL west. After all, he was on one of the worse offensive teams over there.

I hope he gets more value, I just traded Ensberg and Hudson for Schmidt and Soriano.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers