Incentive to make a trade-----ideas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Incentive to make a trade-----ideas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daweasle » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:58 pm

you're right about having someone who trades too much.

we have one guy in my league who has made like 37 trades - literally. He had a decent team when the season started - and now it's horrible becuase he gradually traded away all his studs and now his best players are justin morneau and mauer.

(at one time during the year - he has had tejada and arod and pujols and helton and beltran and rollins and many many others but never more than two-three of them at a time)

now there are two-three guys in the league who made the best of it and have stacked teams and everyone else is middle of the road.

I am stuck at third place with a fat team - but never really got any good trades from that kid.
daweasle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:16 pm

daweasle wrote:you're right about having someone who trades too much.

we have one guy in my league who has made like 37 trades - literally. He had a decent team when the season started - and now it's horrible becuase he gradually traded away all his studs and now his best players are justin morneau and mauer.

(at one time during the year - he has had tejada and arod and pujols and helton and beltran and rollins and many many others but never more than two-three of them at a time)

now there are two-three guys in the league who made the best of it and have stacked teams and everyone else is middle of the road.

I am stuck at third place with a fat team - but never really got any good trades from that kid.

Well that guy is just dumb then......There are people who make tons of trades, but seriously it doesn't mean that they're all going to make their team worse...

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:41 pm

Go join a salary cap game or something, where you can play who you want week-2-week. If you're looking for new players a lot, this game would probably suit you better.

I trade, but I never do so 'just to try something different'. I don't like your "get paid to trade" idea. You'd just see all kinds of minor deals.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thaklanksta » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:18 pm

This is a pretty big money league (IMO) last year the pot was around $2,000 +/-.

I do see where it may not make a difference after reading some of your responses. Thanks.
thaklanksta
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby gws226 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:31 pm

Another option that has had some moderate success in one of my private leagues, is putting a low cap on # of waiver/FA grabs, but leaving the # of trades possible unlimited.

It sort of forces players to look elsewhere in their moves instead of just checking the waiver wire.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers