Benson and his splits - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Benson and his splits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Benson and his splits

Postby stumpak » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:23 am

I have not seen Benson pitch an inning this year and I have been trying to form an opinion on him. One thing was interesting about his statline:

Home 66.1 IP 13/44 BB/K 2.31 ERA 0.93 WHIP .203 BAA
Road 37.0 IP 12/18 BB/K 4.62 ERA 1.43 WHIP .275 BAA

It would seem that his stellar statline is largely drive by a disproportionate ammount of starts in the friendly confines of Shea. Then again, his road stats seem distorted by two brutal starts early in the season at Chicago and in Florida, with the latter being as much of a pitcher's paradise as Shea.

What do people think about him?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Benson and his splits

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:01 am

stumpak wrote:I have not seen Benson pitch an inning this year and I have been trying to form an opinion on him. One thing was interesting about his statline:

Home 66.1 IP 13/44 BB/K 2.31 ERA 0.93 WHIP .203 BAA
Road 37.0 IP 12/18 BB/K 4.62 ERA 1.43 WHIP .275 BAA

It would seem that his stellar statline is largely drive by a disproportionate ammount of starts in the friendly confines of Shea. Then again, his road stats seem distorted by two brutal starts early in the season at Chicago and in Florida, with the latter being as much of a pitcher's paradise as Shea.

What do people think about him?

Benson has looked great for the past couple of months. I think he is going to be a solid pitcher for the Mets for the next few years. In fantasy, his K rate will leave something to be desired, but his low BB rate and HR rate will keep his ratios low. Overall, I think you can expect 15 W, 3.50 ERA and 1.2-1.3 WHIP. He is a good 3rd or 4th starter for your staff. Rick Peterson is a genius. Benson has been quoted as saying that he has learned more about pitching in the last year than he had in the rest of his career.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby ultrazero » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:17 am

Thanks Anna!
ultrazero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:22 am

As long as Pederson has him keeping the ball down Benson will be successful. Looks to be working right now and I've watched his last 2 starts.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers