Twins Appear Mildly Interested in Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Twins Appear Mildly Interested in Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Twins Appear Mildly Interested in Soriano

Postby d18Mike » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:19 am

Hmmmm, apparently Boone is not the answer? :-?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Twins have talked to Texas about trading for Soriano, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Joe Mays, Kyle Lohse and J.C. Romero were names mentioned in a possible trade, although the paper says talks have not gotten very far.

Soriano is not the usual type of high-priced talent the Twins consider trading for, which may show how desperate they are to upgrade the offense.
------------------------------------------------------------------
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:34 am

Rangers must be really desperate to deal. I really dont see Minny ponying up the cash for him, though.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikegp » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:35 am

I would be incredibly surprised if Soriano ended up with the Twins. Usually they are a fairly good judge of talent(i think) and although Soriano puts up decent numbers he's not someone I would want on a REAL baseball team. As well, we all know the Twins don't like to spend big bucks and Soriano has a huge contract for a player of his caliber.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 am

I still don't understand why the Rangers are trying to deal Soriano.....they have a studded team with a lot of young talented players that in a few years seems like they can dominate....Is it because he's going to be a FA soon? Or is he complaining?

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:49 am

LooseCannon wrote:I still don't understand why the Rangers are trying to deal Soriano.....they have a studded team with a lot of young talented players that in a few years seems like they can dominate....Is it because he's going to be a FA soon? Or is he complaining?

1. He's wore out his welcome in Texas. Buck Showalter doesn't like him and Sori doesn't like Buck.

2. They need pitching, not offense. They can afford to trade Soriano and get some arms while still having a tremendous offensive nucleus with Teixeira, Blalock, Young and Mench.

3. They have a rookie 2nd baseman coming up that they like so Soriano is not needed long term.

4. Soriano is arbitration eligible after this year, so Texas will have to give him alot of money. He's having a great year; he'll probably get about 10 million in arbitration, and I believe he's a free agent after 2006 anyway.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby AT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:29 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:I still don't understand why the Rangers are trying to deal Soriano.....they have a studded team with a lot of young talented players that in a few years seems like they can dominate....Is it because he's going to be a FA soon? Or is he complaining?

1. He's wore out his welcome in Texas. Buck Showalter doesn't like him and Sori doesn't like Buck.

2. They need pitching, not offense. They can afford to trade Soriano and get some arms while still having a tremendous offensive nucleus with Teixeira, Blalock, Young and Mench.

3. They have a rookie 2nd baseman coming up that they like so Soriano is not needed long term.

4. Soriano is arbitration eligible after this year, so Texas will have to give him alot of money. He's having a great year; he'll probably get about 10 million in arbitration, and I believe he's a free agent after 2006 anyway.

That's 100% accurate. Well put.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bd3521 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:31 am

The best is when Soriano thinks he has a homerun, doesnt run, and it hits off the wall and he gets a single. ;-D
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:37 am

bd3521 wrote:The best is when Soriano thinks he has a homerun, doesnt run, and it hits off the wall and he gets a single. ;-D

I think that's called the Manny Ramirez syndrome. Soriano and Sammy Sosa are infected as well.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers