larry walker on the DL, john gall up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

larry walker on the DL, john gall up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

larry walker on the DL, john gall up

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:52 pm

looks like walker is headed to the DL and john gall will get called up. walt has to make a move for an outfielder now doesnt? walker and sanders out with edmonds always banged up. plus rolen and yadi are on the DL. i would trade wainwright in a heart beat for a solid outfielder. maybe even reyes.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:20 am

I'd rather move Reyes myself. He'd probably get more in a trade, and his injury history really scares me. Hopefully Walt will make some sort of move, but I don't think they're desperate....yet. Everyone *should* be healthy by the first part of September, and the division isn't going to make up 10+ games with the pitching going like it is, so while it looks pretty bad right now, I don't think a move is absolutely necessary. I imagine there will be plenty of moves during the offseason to get younger in the OF, but there's really no pressing need right now, unless there's a lot more wrong with Walker/Sanders/Rolen/Edmonds/Pujols/Yadi than they're letting on. :-o

Hopefully freeing up some roster space to give these other guys a chance will prove to be a good thing since they'll probably be needed in at least a limited capacity during the playoffs. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:42 am

Good Lord! Why don’t we just call up our entire farm system and get this over with? Or at the very least we should rename our team to the Memphis Redbirds instead of the St. Louis Cardinals.

This is unbelievable... :-°
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:44 pm

Gall has looked very good tonight ... Great hustle.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:24 am

"I'll keep testing it the next few days, see if it stays, holds its own," Walker said of his relatively pain-free neck. "And probably even if it doesn't, we're probably going to make a move. Hopefully the next home stand is a possibility. That would be the ultimate goal.

Molina has been designated the first of the injured Cardinals to return the lineup, and Sanders the third. Walker, slotted second for a September return, was newly optimistic Sunday about when he could play. The right fielder last played July 22 and has been on the DL since receiving a third cortisone shot to alleviate the pain in his neck.

Link. ;-D
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:28 am

Heard on the radio the other day that the first game of the PIT series was the tenative date for Walker's return. ;-D
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to St. Louis Cardinals