Why is This Team in the Dumper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Why is This Team in the Dumper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why is This Team in the Dumper?

Postby Pacman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:25 am

I dominated my league most of the first half, but the last few weeks I've been getting killed. Please help me solve my problems. I'll be most grateful.

12-team H2H -- 6-by-6 (add doubles and losses to traditional 5x5) -- Yahoo -- Non-keeper

C - Ramon Hernandez
1B - Todd Helton
2B - Marcus Giles
SS - Jimmy Rollins
3B - Troy Glaus
OF - Bobby Abreu
OF - Carl Crawford
OF - Moises Alou
Util - Jason Giambi

Bench - Sammy Sosa, Milton Bradley

DL - Roy Halladay

SP - Chris Carpenter
SP - AJ Burnett
SP - Dontrelle Willis
SP - Ted Lilly
SP - Jon Lieber
SP - Jake Westbrook
SP - Runelvys Hernández

RP - Billy Wagner
RP - Eddie Guardado
RP - Cliff Politte
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Laean » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:42 pm

hitting seems fine. in fact, except for glaus, i think you've gotten stronger in hitting now compared to earlier on in the season.

your pitching is the explanation for the recent slump. losing halladay is huge, as he was basically a guarenteee 1-2 ERA and .50-1.00 whip with at least 7 IP per week. good news with him is that he'll be back soon and he says he feels great. dontrelle willis on the other hand, seems to be on his second half slump again. i doubt anyone would bite on him now, but if you can trade him i think you should.

i think once halladay returns your team will stop the skid.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1127519#1127519
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby johntudor » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:35 pm

Ditto Laean on Halladay and Willis. You might be able to do better than Lilly on FAs since he's got some shoulder problems. If you can find any takers I'd trade Burnett now while he's in the news and see if you can get good value for him - if he goes to the AL it's bad news.

You may be able to improve on Hernandez the catcher from the FAs. Hernandez the pitcher is dead weight in a 12-team league, especially with his suspension coming. Sosa and Giles haven't been helping you either...

You've got a lot of guys that are solid, and a lot that aren't pulling their weight, and the guys in the 2nd group aren't going to bring back much of anything in trades. I'd really consider cutting loose a few guys and hitting the FA-wires. If you do make cuts I'd think about stashing Rodney on Detroit for potential saves since you've only got 3 closers.

Good luck!
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team