Curtis Granderson for Detroit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curtis Granderson for Detroit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fool42 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:30 pm

Another thing to keep in mind with a guy that has alot of speed is that his 2B's and 3B's could more a product of speed and aggresive base running than an indicator of future power.
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:55 pm

Fool42 wrote:Another thing to keep in mind with a guy that has alot of speed is that his 2B's and 3B's could more a product of speed and aggresive base running than an indicator of future power.

Triples yes. Doubles probably not. For every single stretched into a double there is a double stretched into a triple. That is the way I have always looked at it. That's why I put doubles and triples into the equation.

Most Speed type stats include triples and not doubles because of this very thing.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:58 pm

I just addedhim in my Dynasty league and Dropped Jeremey Reed. Hopefully he can do something for me. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Webster11 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:55 pm

Worth a spot over Mike Gonzalez, Cliff Lee or K Escobar in a dynasty league?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AT » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:45 am

I would say over Escobar yes, the other 2 no, not yet. Escobar seems to have serious recurring injuries and is more of a headache than a young up and comer would be for a dynasty league.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:56 pm

Granderson was sent down today to make room for Polanco.
Here's the best link I've got at the time:
http://info.detnews.com/tigersblog/index.cfm
He'll almost definitely be back in a few days after the trade deadline passes, but until the Tigers trade Dmitri Young or RonDL White, the at bats could have been harder to come by for Granderson.
Dmitri will actually play some LF, unless White can get back in the field.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sultans of Squat » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:50 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:Granderson was sent down today to make room for Polanco.
Here's the best link I've got at the time:
http://info.detnews.com/tigersblog/index.cfm
He'll almost definitely be back in a few days after the trade deadline passes, but until the Tigers trade Dmitri Young or RonDL White, the at bats could have been harder to come by for Granderson.
Dmitri will actually play some LF, unless White can get back in the field.

Hope you're right that he'll be back in a few days as I'm holding him in my deep keeper points league mostly because we use dedicated LF/CF/RF -- and a good CF bat is hard to come by as we use XR formula for offense, which doesn't overvalue SBs like typical roto leagues do. As it is, I'm also still holding Olsen and giving Encarnacion a try at 3B (since Mora's struggling).
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:51 pm

I can't believe they sent Granderson down. No wonder the Tigers suck.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thehat » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:58 am

Yoda wrote:I can't believe they sent Granderson down. No wonder the Tigers suck.

Their only other option was to send out Logan, as I believe he's the only other OF with options available.

It seems pretty reasonable to assume they will move someone shortly (White?) and Granderson will then return...and will probably get most of the CF starts.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:32 am

Yoda wrote:I can't believe they sent Granderson down. No wonder the Tigers suck.
The Tigers were facing left-handed pitchers in 3 out of the next 5 games (including last night vs Moyer). Granderson(a young left-handed batter) would have likely not played in those games anyways. Also, they are getting Dmitri Young and Rondell White at-bats to keep their trade value up. They want Granderson to play everday which wasn't going to happen over the next several days, so they sent him down. Makes good sense to me, a Tigers fan. However, if Granderson isn't called back up the day after the trade deadline whether or not we successfully trade Dmitri or Rondell, then it's definitely time to question what they are thinking.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers