HAFNER??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HAFNER???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Octavian » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:55 pm

G-Man wrote:this is very worrisome. it's well documented that players who get beaned in the head/face are very affected by it. imagine getting a major league pitch right in your face....it's only natural to be hesitant to get back into the batter's box, nonetheless be aggressive. look at sosa - he stands a good 3 inches farther off the plate post-beaning then he did before it.

hopefully hafner comes back soon and remembers immediately that he was killing the ball before that jackass buerhle plunked him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it wasn't like he was hit directly in the face by the pitch. I thought it fouled off into his mug, or bounced off of some part of his body and by chance, nailed his mouth pretty good and he's experiencing the lingering effects of a concussion? I mean, if that's the case, I doubt we have to worry about the guy being terrified to get in the box.

And why is Mark Buehrle a jackass all the sudden? It wasn't like he threw at his face intentionally. People get beaned all the time, it's part of the game.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mets4Life » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:57 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Ouch.

I love lamp.

I love carpet...I love... carpet
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rlee » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:47 am

Whenever his dizziness disappears, I hope it will not effect him like it has Morneau :-C
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Frances The Mute » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:10 am

indians manager sucks. you come right back the next inning and throw a fastball at konerkos head none of this throw at his leg crap. pathetic
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rlee » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:26 am

Frances The Mute wrote:indians manager sucks. you come right back the next inning and throw a fastball at konerkos head none of this throw at his leg crap. pathetic

Are you crazy??? Have you ever played baseball? The game isn't played this way. You never intentionally throw a t a guy's head! When you want to send a message you do exactly what was done to Konerko. Throw at his mid-lower body. Intentionally hitting a guy in the head could kill him. Wedge is not pathetic ... your thought is.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Frances The Mute » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:01 pm

nope if burhles gonna throw at hafner's head, the indians best hitter you come right back head hunt -- its called protecting your players, i'm guessing you've never played the game. throwing at a guys leg doesn't send the message at all.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OREO fan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:10 pm

dude - careers can be jeopardized by crap like that - i didn't see the game but i would guess that buehrle's pitch was an accident - intentionally throwing at hitters is a "custom" that needs to be banished from the sport
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Frances The Mute » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:56 pm

relax -- they wear helmets.

buerle hit him in the face and now hes on the dl. if you want to protect your players you throw back at the head. end of story. I'd rather nobody got hit in the head but thats the game.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OREO fan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:09 pm

Frances The Mute wrote:relax -- they wear helmets.

buerle hit him in the face and now hes on the dl. if you want to protect your players you throw back at the head. end of story. I'd rather nobody got hit in the head but thats the game.

so because one pitch accidently got away from buehrle, you should risk injury to an opposing player? what does that accomplish? maybe a brawl starts? by the way, how much did wearing a helmet do for hafner? in football, if you QB gets a knee injury, should you then go after the knees of the opposing QB?
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rlee » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:36 pm

Frances The Mute wrote:nope if burhles gonna throw at hafner's head, the indians best hitter you come right back head hunt -- its called protecting your players, i'm guessing you've never played the game. throwing at a guys leg doesn't send the message at all.

I have played the game ... but never that way. You not only end people's careers, but get people seriously hurt that way. Head hunting has no place in the game. If that's your attitude, I'm sure glad I never played against anyone who has this warped type of protecting your players. And it is warped :-t :-t
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers