Best/Worst ESPN Personalities - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best/Worst ESPN Personalities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:16 pm

Favorite: Tony Kornheiser becuase he knows his stuff, he's not too serious, he's a bitter old man, and he's funny. I loved listening to his radio show. I'm not sure if it's still on but it left Chicago a few years ago.

Least Favorite: Joe Morgan becuase he repeats himself a lot, always makes sure everyone knows that he or his "Big Red Machine" teammates where better, and agrues with himself if one, most likely meaningless, pitch was a ball or strike to the furthest extent.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:03 pm

I miss Melissa Stark. :-L :-L

I also have a strong dislike for Berman. It should be about the highlight or the event and not about him. The nicknames were funny for a little bit but not any more. I really hate that he won't even sniff a game all regular season yet, during the championship, there he is. Happened with hockey all of the time. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby mak1277 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:28 pm

I must weigh in.

Rome - Ok, I don't like his TV show. I'll admit that. He probably doesn't know all that much about sports. And the callers to his radio show represent the bottom 1% of the evolutionary ladder. But (big but), his interviews are the most entertaining thing you can find on sports TV/Radio that isn't a game itself. They may not be insightful, but you can't deny they entertain (after all, that's the job).

SAS, Woody Paige, Skip Bayless, Stu Scott - :-P Just bad. Worn out acts that weren't that good in the first place.

Al Michaels - Someone mentioned him and it warranted noting that he is not actually going to be doing MNF on ESPN, but will be on the Sunday games on NBC with Madden. Oh, and Joe Theisman sucks too.

Rachel Nichols, Suzy Kolber, Linda Cohn, Erin Andrews, the annoying chick that subs for Eric Kusilias on his radio show - :-t Call me a chauvenist, but I can't take any of these women seriously. Get 'em off the air.

The problem, however, is that most of these people are completely hamstrung by whomever is producing ESPN's shows. Nobody on earth can coherently describe anything in a 30 second soundbite, which is all ESPN is these days. The only way to get a point in on one of these shows is to be a completely over the top clown. Boo ESPN.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:41 pm

One of my favorites is Tony Kornheiser. I really like him on PTI. He makes me laugh quite a bit over the course of a show.

I like Mike Greenberg too. I don't really know why...maybe because of his voice. :-b (I'm not kidding...I like listening to him talk :-? )

Another one is Kenny Mayne. He's also pretty funny.

Ones I don't like. Berman with baseball. It's disgusting. Dan Patrick has seemed like he's fed up with his job over the past few years. Every time he does an interview or the Hot Seat, he just acts like an a-hole to the person he's interviewing.
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:51 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:One of my favorites is Tony Kornheiser. I really like him on PTI. He makes me laugh quite a bit over the course of a show.

I like Mike Greenberg to. I don't really know why...maybe because of his voice. :-b (I'm not kidding...I like listening to him talk :-? )

Ones I don't like. Berman with baseball. It's disgusting. Dan Patrick has seemed like he's fed up with his job over the past few years. Every time he does an interview or the Hot Seat, he just acts like an a-hole to the person he's interviewing.

greenberg and golic put on a good radio show in the morning
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikekim2121 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:17 pm

Worst: Chris Berman doing baseball

He probably does it very rarely and he sounds like he's lost and constantly at a loss of words. He tries to be funny way too much.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:40 pm

Old_Style wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:One of my favorites is Tony Kornheiser. I really like him on PTI. He makes me laugh quite a bit over the course of a show.

I like Mike Greenberg to. I don't really know why...maybe because of his voice. :-b (I'm not kidding...I like listening to him talk :-? )

greenberg and golic put on a good radio show in the morning

That's a great call there. Mike and Mike in the Mornings is a solid program. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:05 pm

Best: Tony Kornheiser, Mike Wilbon, Mike Golic, Mike Greenberg, Woody Paige, and Peter Gammons.

Worst: Stu Scott, Steven A., Jim Rome, and Jay Mariotti.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers