Best/Worst ESPN Personalities - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best/Worst ESPN Personalities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fool42 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 pm

Agreed Linda Cohn is one of the best.

On another note ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast team will be Michaels who is very good IMO but the to ruin it they throw in Theismann. That guy is completely clueless.
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dmville » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:48 pm

I like the oddball stuff like Lumberjacking. It's the kind of stuff they had on 20 years ago when we first got the "Cablenet Gold" package.

I'd take an hour of sawing or kickboxing over Cold Pizza anyday.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:18 pm

i like kornheiser the most. knows his stuff, but also doesn't take himself too seriously. some honorable mentions are: wilbon (good straight man to kornheiser's jokester), buster olney, tim kurkjin, tim leigler, and rick bucher.

there's no one i hate the most, but here's a list of the ones that i do hate: greg anthony (mostly chill, but sometimes just keeps repeating the same claim louder and louder again without any support because he knows he has none - like repetition makes a false statement more true or something), screamin' a smith (annoying dumbass - if i wanted to be yelled at i'd talk to my parents about joining a pyramid scheme), woody page (goes on forever when he already made his point in the first sentence), the entire baseball tonight crew besides the ones i mentioned above in the favorable list (especially the host - he once called jason lane "lois lane" when he hit a homer, the others were like "what? how does him hitting a homer make him a female news reporter?" and he's all "well she knows superman ...." freakin' idiot. actually, i guess i do have someone i hate the most, this fool.)
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Agreement

Postby KPucks » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:33 pm

kbarre wrote:Then I'll digress and say that for some reason I love Jim Rome. Maybe it's the "Chris Evert" fight that does it for me every time. Also, he'll be negative, but praises equally as much.....He's in a whole other league than Screamin' A. Smith (who I don't even consider a journalist).

I can't stand Jim Rome. He comes off as a pompous a** on his show all the time. His fight with Chris Evert is in the pantheon of funny sports journalist moments (with the likes of "Boom goes the dynamite"), but I just can't listen to him talk w/o wanting to punch him in the face. It's the same with Screaming A. Smith and Skip Bayless.

Edit: I do like Buster Olney and Chad Ford a lot. They don't get on TV a lot, but their daily blogs on ESPN are awesome. All the day's info in one place and they give some good analysis.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ARCH » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 pm

[quote="blankman"]

Jim Rome though is without a doubt the worst. He's just an arrogant jerk who thinks he knows everything.[/quote]

Sounds like a certain Yankee fan that posts on these boards ;-7

Jim Rome is brilliant. Scott Van Pelt reminds me of Chandler Bing and Erin Andrews is great to watch but I never listen to what she's said :-B
Last edited by ARCH on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARCH
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrkrab2003 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:42 pm

stuart scott. he needs to get a personality
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sox 06 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:48 am

Best: Erin Andrews (she actually sounds like she knows what she is talking about now)

Worst: Chris "The Miss" Berman :-B His nicknames are dumb and he should be back back back and gone out of the ESPN studios. :-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby giants! » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:33 am

Best: Colin Cowherd

Worst: Kevin Blackenstone
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:41 pm

The boys from PTI are my favorites. They bring the news in an entertaining format, without compromising the integrity of the news itself. They're both knowledgable and enjoyable to listen to. It's like listening to two of your most well versed sports buddies talk shop in a heated format. Tony and Matt get my thumbs up. ;-D

On the other hand, the guys from Around The Horn get my thumbs down, most of the time. :-t Woody Paige has really taken the role of "Court Jester of ESPN", and that's nothing to be proud of considering some of the fools at Bristol. If Bob Ryan ever loses his shoes, he might want to look in his throat because I've never heard a man stick his foot in his mouth more than him without getting tossed from a show. The comment he made about punching Jason Kidd's wife in the face still rubs me wrong. While I don't condone Ozzie Guillen's comments about Mariotti, he's certainly on point about Mariotti being a coward. Guy talks too much smack without backing it up when it comes to crunch time. I've heard stories about Jay's hypocrisy and lack of intergrity that would make your head spin. I actually like J.A. Adande most of the time, but that's about it from the boys at ATH.

Stuart Scott just annoys the crap out of me, but that's the way most of us here already feel.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hoopitup21212 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Stuart Scott is great so is PTI

Steven A. Smith i can deal with but Dan Patrick, I can’t stand (you say you hate media, this guy stirs up to much bs even with the players, there are players who have said they don’t like him)
at least they didn’t call him a fag like Ozzie called Jay Marriotti lol
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers