Best/Worst ESPN Personalities - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best/Worst ESPN Personalities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best/Worst ESPN Personalities

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:07 am

For me this is easy...

Worst= Skip Bayless Has to be overboard and rightfield to even be noticed. Has foot in mouth disease. Enjoys to argue when it does not make sense, yells for no apparent reason, has had botox a minimum 6 times, could go on if you want.

Best= Scott Van Pelt Always seem to enjoy sportscenter more when he is at the helm. He doesn't try to make it his show; no booyeahs or repetitive comments is a plus.

This is all
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:22 am

I agree Skip Bayless is a tool. He said Raffy shouldn't be a first ballot. How does anyone employ this guy??? I bet he got laid twice in his life and didn't pay for it once.

I live in Jax and met Sean Salisbury and Micheal Irvin at a bar one night during Super Bowl week. We eneded up taking shots and yapping til the bar closed. We met up the next night and did it again. Salisbury gave me his cell phone number and we met him and Irvin for drinks!!! How friggin cool is that. They are both really funny and down to earth. I tried to score a little white off Mike but he wasn't having it. Just kidding. Two quality guys who speak from their heart.
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TONYMONTANA » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:10 pm

jeff brantley is untolerable on baseball tonite. he belong on a ranch in texas with his fat arse riding horses and a cowboy hat on. good luck fiding one that fits his big head.
TONYMONTANA
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rlee » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:54 pm

TONYMONTANA wrote:jeff brantley is untolerable on baseball tonite. he belong on a ranch in texas with his fat arse riding horses and a cowboy hat on. good luck fiding one that fits his big head.

But that's what makes him fun to watch. He is very opinionated and brash. He certainly speaks his mind ... like last night when he took Carlos Beltran to task for not hustling. On the other hand, he went out of his way to praise Beltran's teammates, David Wright and Jose Reyes for always giving it their best. :*)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby longshotwi » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:19 pm

Best: Stuart Scott

Worst: Steven A. Smith
longshotwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Octavian » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:52 pm

longshotwi wrote:Best: Stuart Scott

Steven A. Smith is right. What a tool that douche is... he yells everything he says... and he's got this smug, condesending attitude like he knows what he's talking about. And now he's getting his own show? Are you serious? I hate that fool. :-t

John Kruk gets honorable mention as worst personality as well.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WharfRat » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:05 pm

SominaDei wrote:

Steven A. Smith is right. What a tool that douche is... he yells everything he says... and he's got this smug, condesending attitude like he knows what he's talking about. And now he's getting his own show? Are you serious? I hate that fool. :-t

Yeah, Steven A. is without a doubt the worst. There are some guys who can give an opinion but remain friendly; and there are some like Sean Salisbury who get a little worked up over it, but still maintain a reasonable demeanor. Steven A. seems like he's about to reach through the TV and smack you around to make sure you're paying attention to him. Crazy yellin' psycho. He's like Jim Rome with beadier eyes. :-t

Alex Van Pelt is definitely a good one, especially because of his Steven A. impression which will NEVER get old. He reminds me of guys I went to college with.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thehat » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:18 pm

SominaDei wrote:

For future reference, that should be Screamin A Smith. Please get the name right. Thank you.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:22 pm

Best? I'm tired of them all. Except maybe Kornheiser and Wilbon. Everyone's self important and awkward or stupid. Van Pelt is one of the worst interviewers I've seen.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:23 pm

my favorite is harold reynolds; he always has a good point to make and does it while making you want to smile. he's laughing, smiling, complimentary... manages to do analysis without being over the top negative. but still insightful. and he gets bonus points for doing great lines on the mlb video games ("that was a nasty yellow-bellied breaking pitch" "come on, man... swing the bat..." "what happened? did you push the wrong button?").

the absolute worst is stuart scott. if i hear one more, "playah", "righteous", or "cool as the other side of the pillow" i will bomb the espn broadcast satellite. i will graffiti in 50-foot letters, "there no brothas in the nhl." i will create a tv series where the dream job is to create the most ideal, perfect stuart scott voodoo doll. all these things and more... these will i do. besides, does stephen a. have his own hate website? stuart does. http://www.ihatestuartscott.com. crap. make that used to. website doesn't exist any more. wah. but sucks plankton-ecrusted tadpole eyeballs is not strong enough suckage for the one-eyed freak.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers