Team Built for Championship??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team Built for Championship???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team Built for Championship???

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:52 am

Always enjoy your banter and advice.

I am in 14 team Head to Head Roto. I am in first in my division, but I haven't been scoring a lot of roto points. I am about seventh after all 12 categories are accounted for. I win the categories I need to anf get win. I play well when against good teams, and I do pooorly but good enough and win at other times. To push to the end, I need to patch some holes. I have solid team, but hasn't pulled together like expected. Guys like A Rod and Vlad were added this year with exits of Ichiro, Dunn, Mulder, Dotel....

I just pulled a deal for Harden with some injured players whcih shoudl help. (Harden, Clement, Bay for Nomar, Escobar, Eaton) I thought I did well. I also just signed Jhonny Peralta.

Now I have two trades facing me. I want to know where to go. I'll post my whole lineup below for your reference. I really appreciate your advice in this. Every week we get ten batters and eight pitchers.

OFFER A:
Peavy, Matsui, Nathan and Dmitri Young for Peralta, Colon, Hoffman, Blaylock, FA

OFFER B: (My counter)
Peavy, Matsui, Nathan for Colon, Bay, Hoffman, Peralta, FA

Another Thought: OFFER C
Peavy, Matsui, Nathan for Colon, Helton, Turnbow FA
* Then I go sign Chris Shelton

Yet Another Thought: OFFER D
Peavy, Nathan, Percival for Colon, Hoffman, Mench, Wilkerson, FA
Percial doesn't matter, but I'd have to piece together a bench.

What will get this deal done????

MY TEAM IS BELOW:
C Victor Martinez Cle
1B Todd Helton Col
2B Mark Loretta SD
SS Rafael Furcal Atl
3B Alex Rodriguez NYY
OF Carl Crawford TB
OF Jason Bay Pit
OF Vladimir Guerrero LAA
DH Hank Blalock Tex

Bench
OF Kevin Mench Tex
1B Brad Wilkerson Was
2B Tadahito Iguchi CWS
2B *Placido Polanco Det
SS Jhonny Peralta

P Bartolo Colon LAA
P Scot Shields LAA
P Trevor Hoffman SD
P Dustin Hermanson CWS
P Ervin Santana LAA
P Daniel Cabrera Bal
P Derrick Turnbow Mil
P *Roy Halladay Tor
P Matt Clement Bos
P *Carl Pavano NYY 0 res
P Jake Westbrook Cle 0 res
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ahorsefish » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:41 pm

Good job for pulling off the Harden trade.

I think trade B is the best deal on the table. I am against the idea of losing Helton, he has been showing signs of life, if he stays hot or improve he can be flat out scary in an extended homestand. All the players on your bench, maybe except Peralta has close to no vlalue to your team. I would free up a spot for a backup catcher in case VMart catches a cold streak. (he is looking terrible in games)

Try moving Hermanson before moving Hoffman. Hermanson is not 100% I see him splitting save opps with Politte in the future and he rarely strikes someone out.
ahorsefish Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yourgodsdice » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:29 pm

I agree with the Hermanson move, but I think B's giving up too little. I don't think, however, that Bay will help matters in any trade you make right now. If I was an opposing owner, I'd want something other than Bay, since he's cold as ice...and while Peralta is a good power hitter for his position, he's not a base stealer and really doesn't make me want to make the trade either.

I like C the best...yeah Helton's doing well better right now, but I think NOW is the best time to trade the guy. This seems the most fair (possibly a little more in favor of the other owner), but to me it definitely gives you three VERY sold players in return and is just what you need for the other owner to pull the trigger.

Good luck and hope you stay in first! ;-D
yourgodsdice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team