Can this team be improved anymore? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can this team be improved anymore?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can this team be improved anymore?

Postby HillenbrandOwns » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:53 pm

14 team yahoo h2h standard 5x5 scoring mid season

C- Vmart
1B- Giambi
2B- Figgins
3B- Hillenbrand
SS- Felip Lopez
OF- A. Dunn
OF- Damon
OF- Brady Clark
UTL- Rowand
DL- Thome

Starters-

Cliff Lee
Haren
Duke
Patterson
Peavy
Bonderman
Herang
either Webb or Lowe (I haven't decided which one i wanna pick up yet)

Closers-

Dempster
Macdougal
Street
Farnsworth

My original first baseman was Adam Dunn, but I moved him to my OF spot when i dropped Willy Mo to pick up Giambi..which has worked out great now

I always say I wanna improve on 3B but Shea always does something to change my mind

I orignally drafted 6 closers, but I traded Brunny to get Rowand and traded Izzy to get Patterson

right now i'm in 6th place and 9 games behind first, but right now i'm owning my opponent this week 9-1 and i'm only down in Ks, but that should change with Lee, Duke and Bonderman going this weekend.

I always have a good week but usually at the weekend i start to lose points (like last week i went from 7-3 to 4-7 because the other guy had Carpenter on the last night which passed me in pretty much all the pitching catagories)

can anyone see any other flaw in my lineup that I can try to patch up to make my team unstoppable? Leave a link when you throw in your two cents so I can help you out.

Thanks. ;-D
HillenbrandOwns
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dan9124 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:39 pm

i'm kinda new at the fantasy baseball thing, but I know fantasy sports in general pretty well, and I think F. Lopez was a one half wonder, I dont think he keeps it up in the second half. Also, I would think about trading Dunn for someone who doesnt strike out as much.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=149667&highlight=
dan9124 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby noren0 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:29 pm

dan9124 wrote:i'm kinda new at the fantasy baseball thing, but I know fantasy sports in general pretty well, and I think F. Lopez was a one half wonder, I dont think he keeps it up in the second half. Also, I would think about trading Dunn for someone who doesnt strike out as much.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=149667&highlight=

You are wrong about Lopez
Its only a game
noren0
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HillenbrandOwns » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:37 pm

wtf? Dunn gets tons of dingers....so what if he strikes out a lot? that was horrible advice...and felipe lopez is no one half wonder..do yourself a favor and actually know what you are talking about before you give someone advice, you don't lose anything if a player strikes out dummy.
HillenbrandOwns
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johntudor » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:16 am

Welcome to the Cafe, Dan!
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:19 pm

I'd pick up Webb, wait for Thome to come back hitting and trade one of your 1B for an decent SP. ;-D
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ahorsefish » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:28 pm

In standard 5x5 Adam Dunn can really hurt you, even more so in h2h. He walks and strikes out a lot so it is possible that he goes something like 3-20 in a week. He's hitting like 6th or 7th in that Reds lineup no one is going to drive him in even if he walks. Keep a close eye on VMart he doesn't play everyday although he puts up numbers lately he still looks terrible in a game.

I agree Lopez is the real deal. I would try to move Dunn for a more consistent hitter. Try packaging MacDougal with one of your players to get an upgrade, perhaps for another SP. You are going to be a great shape to win saves every week with or without MacDougal.

Good luck down the stretch.
ahorsefish Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HillenbrandOwns » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:27 pm

You made much more sense than Dan did but no way i'm trading Dunn. I have guys like Damon, Lopez and Clark for my average. In fact, I never lost in average for a week all season yet, so i'm doing fine, and i've only lost once in home runs, so Dunn is working out for me.

Thanks guys ;-D
HillenbrandOwns
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dan9124 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:51 pm

you guys aren't as friendly as the fantasy football guys...maybe i'll just stick with football... B-)
dan9124 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby superfly » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:51 pm

ahorsefish wrote:In standard 5x5 Adam Dunn can really hurt you, even more so in h2h. He walks and strikes out a lot so it is possible that he goes something like 3-20 in a week. He's hitting like 6th or 7th in that Reds lineup no one is going to drive him in even if he walks.

I guess that would explain why he is 4th in the league in runs.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team