Ponson for Nevin. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ponson for Nevin.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:10 am

sweeeeet !!

Sanity prevails ;-D
Thank you Phil Nevin for bieng the only sane party here.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby victordestructo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:10 am

Why would they bench him? They're having problems scoring runs as it is, and wouldnt they want to keep in the lineup to raise his trade value?
"I feel like I am pregnant with all these ideas. I am just trying to give birth to them."
-Miguel Batista describing his writing career
victordestructo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:33 am

tareed1979 wrote:It looks like Phil rejected the move. He didn't want to move his family. Good for him.

I hate players that kill deals. That's the 3rd trade Nevin has cost SD. One was for Griffey. SD should never play Nevin again. Make him like that bench. As far as Ponson, call me nuts, but sometimes a coach can change a pitcher. At least Ponson has time left (28), while Nevin is close to end. Ponson is in the Sabathia class (dough boy). If he conditioned, he could improve. Hit 92-94 mph at 266 lbs.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:44 am

HOOTIE wrote:
tareed1979 wrote:It looks like Phil rejected the move. He didn't want to move his family. Good for him.

I hate players that kill deals. That's the 3rd trade Nevin has cost SD. One was for Griffey. SD should never play Nevin again. Make him like that bench. As far as Ponson, call me nuts, but sometimes a coach can change a pitcher. At least Ponson has time left (28), while Nevin is close to end. Ponson is in the Sabathia class (dough boy). If he conditioned, he could improve. Hit 92-94 mph at 266 lbs.

Wait a minute. Wasn't it SD that signed Nevin with a no trade clause? WHy did they give him the power to block trades? It's written into the contract signed by both parties. You can't fault one side for electing to exercise an option agreed upon and bound by a contract. That's silly.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:55 am

Yoda wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:

Wait a minute. Wasn't it SD that signed Nevin with a no trade clause? WHy did they give him the power to block trades? It's written into the contract signed by both parties. You can't fault one side for electing to exercise an option agreed upon and bound by a contract. That's silly.

True, good point. But SD wants to play Nady, and they basically are through with Nevin. Nevin should understand that his playing time could be effected by staying. I still hate no trade clauses. Things change.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby thehat » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:56 am

Guess I got this one right. Didn't think Nevin would okay the deal.

I would not be surprised if SD simply unloads him to the highest bidder (if there are any) among those teams that aren't on the Nevin veto list.
Hopefully, it will be some horrible team where he has no chance to participate in a pennant race.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:06 am

Why would a horrible, non-contender take Nevin and his contract? 10 M in 06. Hardly a youngster too.

I can understand where he is coming from and it is his right, but it is also pretty evident that SD does not want him and Baltimore is not Cincy. And he hardly has a blanket no-trade clasue so he could end up in a lot of places a whole lot worse than Baltimore. Does not make a lot of sense to me.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers