Subliminal Message - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Subliminal Message

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:04 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:Is there a way that they can do this on purpose? Or is it just a coincedence?

It can be either way. There are some (like Wierd Al's) which is intentional. There are tons that are simply coincidence/stretching the imagination.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm

the britney one sounds legit, but maybe that's just wishful thinking (of the pre-preggy days) :-B
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby DaQ » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:27 pm

slomo007 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I believe the EMINEM and Weird Al and Floyd ones are real..The other ones i'm not sure I buy

You don't believe the Zeppelin one? 8-o

Those are the 4 I believe are intentional.

I thought the "I'm So Tired" one by the Beatles was definately intentional...

1.) The site said it was gibberish
2.) I'm definately no music junkie, but didn't the Beatles have a theme where Paul McCartney was going to die (remember the pic with the "28 IF" license plate and McCartney walking with no shoes in the pic?)?
3.) Do you notice how the music gets more climatic at the end of the "message"?
Last edited by DaQ on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:28 pm

seen it before,,,but still weird...
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:25 pm

DaQ wrote:I thought the "I'm So Tired" one by the Beatles was definately intentional...

1.) The site said it was gibberish
2.) I'm definately no music junkie, but didn't the Beatles have a theme where Paul McCartney was going to die (remember the pic with the "28 IF" license plate and McCartney walking with no shoes in the pic?)?
3.) Do you notice how the music gets more climatic at the end of the "message"?

1) Its not gibberish though. Lennon is saying "Monsieur, monsieur, how 'bout another". People attribute it to gibberish and its actually more clear than the supposed backmasked saying.

2) Actually the theme was Paul was already dead and he was replaced by a look-alike. Seriously. People with overworked imaginations found clues in everything the Beatles did and traced it to the "Paul is Dead" phenomenom. Google for Paul is Dead and you will find tons of fun tidbits about the hoax.

BTW The Pink Floyd "Empty Spaces" track is 100% intentional. They did things like that on a few other songs.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Re: Subliminal Message

Postby JTWood » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:22 am

go_jays_go wrote:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/britneysubliminal.html

Check this subliminal message out, it's pretty freaky. I guess Brittany really is a ho.

It's been on the net for quite a while, although this is the first time i've seen it.

Cheers.

No offense, but I didn't think I'd need to be the first person to point out that is an obvious fake. I'm actually supposed to believe that phrase "a si-" is prounounced with an "l" in it when I say it backwards? Furthermore, "sleep" and "me" require two separaate long "e" sounds to work. There is only one long "e" in that entire phrase when you pronounce it the correct way.

I can go on... What happened to the pronounced "g" sound in "give"? Did it magically disappear when played backwards???

Such a fake... :-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Re: Subliminal Message

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:37 am

JTWood wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/britneysubliminal.html

Check this subliminal message out, it's pretty freaky. I guess Brittany really is a ho.

It's been on the net for quite a while, although this is the first time i've seen it.

Cheers.

No offense, but I didn't think I'd need to be the first person to point out that is an obvious fake. I'm actually supposed to believe that phrase "a si-" is prounounced with an "l" in it when I say it backwards? Furthermore, "sleep" and "me" require two separaate long "e" sounds to work. There is only one long "e" in that entire phrase when you pronounce it the correct way.

I can go on... What happened to the pronounced "g" sound in "give"? Did it magically disappear when played backwards???

Such a fake... :-t

None taken, but I guess it's still pretty interesting how they do subliminal messages. I mean, SOTD had a pretty sweet link.

You know what I mean? ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:51 am

Maybe someone with a microphone on their computer can record the forward part on Sound Recorder, reverse the .wav file, and see if it sounds like it does on that site. I think that would easily prove or disprove the validity. :-?
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:48 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Maybe someone with a microphone on their computer can record the forward part on Sound Recorder, reverse the .wav file, and see if it sounds like it does on that site. I think that would easily prove or disprove the validity. :-?

Good idea. The person with the mic should turn it on, press record, sing exactly like Britney, and then link to the .wav file here on the site.

Don't worry. The good souls here at the Cafe would never, ever, ever think of making fun of how ridiculous that person would sound. We're all very objective people...

;-7 B-)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:14 am

JTWood wrote:We're all very objective people...

I wouldn't go that far, but that made me crack up laughing. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk