Curtis Granderson called up and in the lineup tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Curtis Granderson called up and in the lineup tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Curtis Granderson called up and in the lineup tonight

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:58 pm

Looks like he will get an audition for the CF job. RonDL is no longer healthy enough to play the outfield and Logan is better served on the bench. Depending on how the trade deadline works out and how Granderson performs, he could be up for good. He K'd a ton in AAA, but he was very productive with the bat and he's a left-handed hitter. Can't wait to see what he can do.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:02 am

For someone who was striking out an awful lot in Toledo, Grandy sure made some nice contact tonight. Maybe he's one of those hitters who do better with major league pitching. Something to do with more pitches being strikes = not missing so many pitches.

I was also surprised that Curits is as fast as he looked. All I've heard was how he had decent speed, but nothing to write home about. But he covered some centerfield ground pretty nicely tonight, and looked quick down the firstbase line.

Reall saw the upside of the newer Tigers tonight. Monroe rocked, Granderson looked like a pro, and Shelton/Maggs continues to hit. Each of them have 14 game hitting streaks. Could be a real nice three-four combo for years. This line-up is comming together nicely.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:48 am

I 100% agree about Granderson's speed. I was a bit shocked. Maybe his speed was underrated due to not being a bigtime basestealer, but he certainly can fly. Right now, he is possibly the 2nd fastest player on this team. Granderson also has some legit gap power. May not translate into a ton of HRs for now, but I think we could see quite a few doubles and triples from this guy combined with that speed.

It'll be interesting to see if he will be in the lineup against left handed pitching as well. Logan is a better hitter from his natural side against left handed pitching compared to being very weak as a lefty, so a platoon isn't totally out of the question. Tough decision to be made there.

I'm still not certain how the trade deadline will work out for us, but I certainly hope Granderson can prove himself capable of remaining a regular beyond that. A half-season of MLB experience going into next year could really help him a lot.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Tigers