Perfect score in roto? Anyone ever done it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Perfect score in roto? Anyone ever done it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Perfect score in roto? Anyone ever done it?

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:15 pm

Just curious if anyone's ever finished the season with a perfect score or even had one for a few fleeting days. I've got 77/90 at the moment and I feel pretty studly. A perfect score would be absolutely amazing. B-)

Please share.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:34 pm

Our league record (163/192) is pretty close to where you are now. I'm aiming for it and have been in the high 150s through most of May-July. With a little help on saves and holds, I think I can get it.

I would think a league would have to be pretty weak or have few cats for someone to be perfect.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby cnt » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:39 pm

I currently am in first place with 108/130. Not bad, not overwhelming. On the flipside though we have a guy in my league in last place who currently has 33/130, how bad is that. You could triple his score and he is only in 3rd place, that is pathetic. He is in last place in all 5 offensive categories and in one pitching category. I give him credit though, he has not given up, he has made the 2nd most moves in the league behind me.
12 Team 5x5 Roto League
3rd Place - 5.5 Points Behind
cnt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:39 pm

Myth. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby rainman23 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:41 pm

I got 129 out of 144 a couple years ago. Came within 1 point of sweeping the pitching categories (damn Wins column!). Fun for me, not so much for the rest of the league, I'm sure. But I'm guessing somebody tops me in this thread real quickly...
Last edited by rainman23 on Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:41 pm

I came close in H2H to being perfect... Not winning 10-0 every week, but winning every week. I only lost two weeks, if I remember correctly, and they were 6-4 and 6-3...

In roto, I'm right now at 118/144 and was as high as 122.5. I don't see myself being perfect, although I already am perfect. :D There's no way I'll overtake my league leader in saves (who has 124, I'm third with 52) or holds (63, I'm fifth with 26).

Strange... I'm not first in ANY categories, although I'm second in five of them and third in four of them... Hey, works for me. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:44 pm

Haven't done it yet. Haven't even swept pitching or hitting. Closest I ever came was 49 out of 50 pitching points and 44.5 hitting points (93.5/100) in a CBS 10 team league.

Haven't had it happen in a league I've been in either. So, based on my experience, a myth.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby tmoney » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:54 pm

The highest I have been this year is 109/120, when I had 12's across the board in the 5 pitching categories. Right now I am at 101, with 56 points for pitching.
As far as getting a perfect score in roto goes, I can only see it happening very early in a season or in a league against low active owners, but I never have seen it or heard anyone pull it off.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby giambiformvp » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:31 pm

I'm at 101.5/130, but in first by 11 points.
giambiformvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby proninja » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:38 pm

I had 116/120 a couple months into the season, thanks to a really hot start, mostly thanks to drafting Chad Cordero, Roberts, Inge, Burrell, Lugo, Morris in the later rounds, and had most of my horses like Pedro, Peavy, Vlad, Sheff kick some butt.

I got as low as 92, but now am back up to 104 thanks to a couple trades, I landed Harden and Aram who have been hot (Gave up Pedro at the right time) as well as picking Giambi up off the wire a week before the all star break. :)
proninja
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers