Vodka and Tonic=Chick Drink? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Vodka and Tonic=Chick Drink?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:36 am

Lofunzo wrote:.....I can't fall asleep if I have a set time to wake up the next day. If I have to wake up early....

Same here. :-? If I have to be somewhere by a certain time (usuallly early) I can never fall asleep. :-° I usually get no sleep during the week and then sleep for 20+ hours on the weekends. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:53 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Mad.......Is it possible that you have a medical condition?? I am being serious here.

I appreciate the concern. Thanks :-) . And I do mean that.

I'm sure it all stems from simply not getting solid sleep. I honestly don't know what a good night of sleep is. I usually only get a couple of fitful hours of sleep a night, and about once a week I wind up sleeping like 16-20 hours straight. Even when I wake up from that long slumber, I don't feel like I slept at all. I know a few of the problems that contribute to my insomnia, and do my best to curb those things, but it's still not allowing me to sleep like I think I should. I've tried all kinds of sleeping pills too, and I'm literally dead when I take one. Takes an act of God to wake me and is basically impossible. I've lost days from trying some of the sleep aids out there. Not something I can experiment with during the school year and that starts in two weeks for my son. Ah well, this is starting to turn into a "poor little ol me" thing, so I'll stop now since that's not what I want at all. :-D

I know what you mean. Rarely, if ever, do I wake up feeling completely refreshed. I used to have a huge problem falling asleep. Part of my issue was from smoking, which I quit. Anyway, I still have a problem where I can't fall asleep if I have a set time to wake up the next day. If I have to wake up early, I can't fall asleep and when I finally do, I always wake up very early, even before the alarm goes off. Makes for very long days. It is also exaggerated because I have 2 arthritic knees that ache all day. With little sleep and the wrong shoes, it is quite unbearable. Basically, there are things that a doctor or a sleep study can detect. If not, maybe try something to get you better sleep like melatonin or warm milk.

Good luck. ;-D

I've thought about doing one of the sleep studies, but just haven't done it yet. Seems like a really cool thing that would probably help quite a bit, or at least be able to tell me exactly what my issue is. It's something I hope to get around to doing at some point. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:13 am

Just an update to this.

I've been drinking the Monster Energy drink (black can, neon green lettering), and I've felt much better. No energy kick or boost, but I've generally felt better, so the vitamins and stuff in it must be helping somehow. :-) ;-D

Just thought I'd give an update, and maybe it will help someone else out there who's been feeling sluggish and tired all the time.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk