Vodka and Tonic=Chick Drink? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Vodka and Tonic=Chick Drink?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:46 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Supposedly guarana-based caffeine is more potent in the same dosage than whatever is in coke or coffee or whatever. i haven't researched the claim though.

Just an update in the quest to give Mad some more energy. (Lord help us. lol):

I did some field testing this morning (afternoon). I cracked open a new drink instead of a Red Bull.
Stacker 2 Brazilian Guarana XXX
Seems to have a little more kick than Red Bull. Also comparing ingredients, the Guarana drink has more vitamins.

Didn't really care for the taste. Also it was very syrupy.

But I bet the customers were happy because they got their food faster today. :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:24 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Supposedly guarana-based caffeine is more potent in the same dosage than whatever is in coke or coffee or whatever. i haven't researched the claim though.

I did some field testing this morning (afternoon). I cracked open a new drink instead of a Red Bull.
Seems to have a little more kick than Red Bull. Also comparing ingredients, the Guarana drink has more vitamins.

But I bet the customers were happy because they got their food faster today. :-b

Nah, Sunday is a day of rest for me. I figured God took Sunday off, so can I. I'll go in later to take an inventory and that's it.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:09 am

Fireball Express wrote:

I've been trying a few new things lately. A Sobe energy thing (need to try that one again, I was totally out of it when I drank it, so hard to say for sure if it did any good), there's a Monster Energy drink in my fridge that I'll try tomorrow, and I still need to go get the Bawls drink and try it. Stacker 2? Never thought about trying one of those, but I'll keep an eye out for it :-) . Thanks. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RugbyD » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:50 am

Madison wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:

I've been trying a few new things lately. A Sobe energy thing (need to try that one again, I was totally out of it when I drank it, so hard to say for sure if it did any good), there's a Monster Energy drink in my fridge that I'll try tomorrow, and I still need to go get the Bawls drink and try it. Stacker 2? Never thought about trying one of those, but I'll keep an eye out for it :-) . Thanks. ;-D

Also, if you can find Red Devil energy drink anywhere, use that. It was around for a while, but ran into amphetamine-based legal problems. It's either very restrictively available in the States or you have to ship it in. cant remember.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:15 am

Mad.......Is it possible that you have a medical condition?? I am being serious here. Even if you find an energy drink that suits your needs, those things are very expensive. Maybe you could go see a doctor and tell him what your symptoms are and have him take a look. If that fails, then just go the convenience store. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:43 pm

If someone ever challengers your manhood in a bar. Invite them to do a shot with you, the three wisemen. They will no longer make fun of you when they are served up a single shot of Jim, Jack, and Jose mixed together. YUMMY!!!
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:46 pm

Madison - if you are looking for a pick me up, try and Ale 8 down in Kentucky. I am a frequent mountain dew drinker so usually caffine does not have much impact on me either, but I tried one of these things and my head started buzzing. Guy called me a wimp so we did a three wisemen. ;-7
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:17 am

RugbyD wrote:Also, if you can find Red Devil energy drink anywhere, use that. It was around for a while, but ran into amphetamine-based legal problems. It's either very restrictively available in the States or you have to ship it in. cant remember.

Oddly enough, I've heard of that one. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it, but I'm going to do some reading on it first since I don't know anything about the legal issues and I'm not looking to get drugs or anything (amphetamines). :-b Just made a note to myself to research it a bit later. Thanks! ;-D

Lofunzo wrote:Mad.......Is it possible that you have a medical condition?? I am being serious here.

I appreciate the concern. Thanks :-) . And I do mean that.

I'm sure it all stems from simply not getting solid sleep. I honestly don't know what a good night of sleep is. I usually only get a couple of fitful hours of sleep a night, and about once a week I wind up sleeping like 16-20 hours straight. Even when I wake up from that long slumber, I don't feel like I slept at all. I know a few of the problems that contribute to my insomnia, and do my best to curb those things, but it's still not allowing me to sleep like I think I should. I've tried all kinds of sleeping pills too, and I'm literally dead when I take one. Takes an act of God to wake me and is basically impossible. I've lost days from trying some of the sleep aids out there. Not something I can experiment with during the school year and that starts in two weeks for my son. Ah well, this is starting to turn into a "poor little ol me" thing, so I'll stop now since that's not what I want at all. :-D

BigMusky wrote:Madison - if you are looking for a pick me up, try and Ale 8 down in Kentucky. I am a frequent mountain dew drinker so usually caffine does not have much impact on me either, but I tried one of these things and my head started buzzing.

Ale 8? Haven't heard of that one. Maybe I can get some sent to me. :-) I'll have to check. Thanks. ;-D

Oh, and I was introduced to the 3 wisemen when I waited tables. I like them, but know not to drink too many of them. I made the mistake of trying to keep up shot for shot with the buddy that introduced me to them. One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made !+) . Took a cab home though, and left the car in the bar's parking lot, so it wasn't any damage to anything other than my internal organs. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:42 am

BigMusky wrote:Madison - if you are looking for a pick me up, try and Ale 8 down in Kentucky. I am a frequent mountain dew drinker so usually caffine does not have much impact on me either, but I tried one of these things and my head started buzzing. Guy called me a wimp so we did a three wisemen. ;-7

I've never had that happen but I'm not a big fan, so I don't drink it too much. You must have gotten some sorta "special" batch or something. :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:10 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Mad.......Is it possible that you have a medical condition?? I am being serious here.

I appreciate the concern. Thanks :-) . And I do mean that.

I'm sure it all stems from simply not getting solid sleep. I honestly don't know what a good night of sleep is. I usually only get a couple of fitful hours of sleep a night, and about once a week I wind up sleeping like 16-20 hours straight. Even when I wake up from that long slumber, I don't feel like I slept at all. I know a few of the problems that contribute to my insomnia, and do my best to curb those things, but it's still not allowing me to sleep like I think I should. I've tried all kinds of sleeping pills too, and I'm literally dead when I take one. Takes an act of God to wake me and is basically impossible. I've lost days from trying some of the sleep aids out there. Not something I can experiment with during the school year and that starts in two weeks for my son. Ah well, this is starting to turn into a "poor little ol me" thing, so I'll stop now since that's not what I want at all. :-D

I know what you mean. Rarely, if ever, do I wake up feeling completely refreshed. I used to have a huge problem falling asleep. Part of my issue was from smoking, which I quit. Anyway, I still have a problem where I can't fall asleep if I have a set time to wake up the next day. If I have to wake up early, I can't fall asleep and when I finally do, I always wake up very early, even before the alarm goes off. Makes for very long days. It is also exaggerated because I have 2 arthritic knees that ache all day. With little sleep and the wrong shoes, it is quite unbearable. Basically, there are things that a doctor or a sleep study can detect. If not, maybe try something to get you better sleep like melatonin or warm milk.

Good luck. ;-D
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk