May the stars align and send Sidney Crosby to Toronto! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

May the stars align and send Sidney Crosby to Toronto!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:10 am

mweir145 wrote:I hope he winds up in Toronto, but he's going to end up in New York.

And however hard it is for me to say so, New York would be the best place for him to grow the game of hockey. :,-(

I don't understand how this is so? I hear everyone saying this, but I just don't see it.

I know NY is probably the biggest market in N.A. LA is pretty damn close if not the same. The thing about NY and hockey is no matter what they will have the support. People in NE will support hockey a hell of a lot more than hockey on the West Coast. If you want to make hockey prosper you put him in LA. Bring excitement to the sport in a place where there isn't much.

Even Anaheim or SJ are better choices IMO.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:42 am

The Toronto Maple Laughs suck A$$. I really hope they don't get Crosby.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:03 am

Love for him to come to NY. Long Island, NY that is. :-) :-D

If the NHL had it's way he'd go to the Rangers where he'd have the most exposure.

Going to any Original 6 team would be great for the Tradition of the game.

The West Coast already had Gretzky. You had your savior. There will be no second coming. ;-) Besides, some of us East Coasters might be asleep when he's playing, especially with the proposed new schedule.
Last edited by Fireball Express on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ensanimal » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:47 am

Fireball Express wrote:Love for him to come to NY. Long Island, NY that is. :-) :-D

If the NHL had it's way he'd go to the Rangers where he'd have the most exposure.

The West Coast already had Gretzky. You had your savior. There will be no second coming. ;-) Besides, some of us East Coasters might be asleep when he's playing, especially with the proposed new schedule.

fixed it for you. ;-D

with the way the team is in NY, i don't see it being healthy for Crosby there. A lot of big names that don't play together as a team.

I also don't want him to go somewhere where his talent will go unnoticed mostly. If he ends up in Columbus or Atlanta, do you really think that he will attract that many more fans for those teams, and get them national recognition? :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby AT » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:07 am

There's no way he doesn't end up on the Rangers if Hockey knows what's good for them.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:39 am

Fingers crossed that the Habs get him.

If not the Habs then at least the Sabers - then at least I can drive down the QEW to watch him play - I refuse to give the Leafs one more penny! (of course if somebody gives me tickets I won't let them go to waste :-D )
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:12 am

ensanimal wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Love for him to come to NY. Long Island, NY that is. :-) :-D

fixed it for you. ;-D

with the way the team is in NY, i don't see it being healthy for Crosby there. A lot of big names that don't play together as a team.

Do you follow hockey? You do realize that the Rangers had a huge firesale of pretty much everyone but Jagr at the end of their season don't you?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:56 am

blankman wrote:
ensanimal wrote:

fixed it for you. ;-D

Do you follow hockey? You do realize that the Rangers had a huge firesale of pretty much everyone but Jagr at the end of their season don't you?

this makes me so happy.. and jagr was actually getting more assists than goal too at the end of the season.. ;-D
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Fingers crossed that the Habs get him.

If not the Habs then at least the Sabers - then at least I can drive down the QEW to watch him play - I refuse to give the Leafs one more penny! (of course if somebody gives me tickets I won't let them go to waste :-D )

Dude! Buffalo is the place to go for Hockey. I went for a Leafs game(buddies are leafs fans :-P and I cheered for the sabres that night) 2 years ago and It costs me $80 for 10 rows from ice behind home net. That same day I bought tickets for a week later against the Habs ;-D for at par night and it costs me $80 for two tickets in the same area. The same ticks at the Air Canada center are prolly $200 and they are always sold out anyway.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:40 pm

ensanimal wrote:

fixed it for you. ;-D

I also don't want him to go somewhere where his talent will go unnoticed mostly. If he ends up in Columbus or Atlanta, do you really think that he will attract that many more fans for those teams, and get them national recognition? :-?

Think about how good a team Columbus would be with Nash and Crosby. They don't even have to pay them much. It could be the recipe for Stanley Cup success.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk