Stupid Red Sox Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Stupid Red Sox Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stupid Red Sox Question

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:08 pm

Do games sell out often? I'm going to be in the Boston area for the CWS series (August 12-14 weekend) and the Red Sox website says the are sold out. Is this the case, or is just an internet error? Thanks ahead of time. I'm not used to games being sold out at Shea. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:20 pm

They are working on the third straight season of every home game being sold out.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:24 pm

Tavish wrote:They are working on the third straight season of every home game being sold out.

That's all I needed to know. Thanks. :-)

Actually, that's not all I needed to know. What do you think my best chance of obtaining these tickets would be? E-bay? Or is this a lost cause?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:39 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Tavish wrote:They are working on the third straight season of every home game being sold out.

That's all I needed to know. Thanks. :-)

Actually, that's not all I needed to know. What do you think my best chance of obtaining these tickets would be? E-bay? Or is this a lost cause?

I would think eBay or StubHub would be the way to go.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Spiegs1106 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:06 am

http://www.craigslist.com

click boston then click tickets

once your there type in "Red Sox and the date you need tickets" example (Red Sox 7/20)

you will find postings of people who want to sell

you can also post a request for the game saying u NEED tickets. has worked wonders for me
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:14 am

Sweet. Thanks guys. Prices are a little steep on ebay and stubhub, but I'm definitely going to check craiglist out. Keep the ideas coming.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:54 am

pokerplaya wrote:Keep the ideas coming.

Get a job as a peanut vendor there? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Spiegs1106 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:03 am

Tuesday Afternoon, I went onto Craigs List and posted a post stating that I wanted 2 Bleacher Tickets for Face Value for the Wednesday 1pm game. The next morning a guy emailed me and I met him in fanuiel hall the day of the game. He asked for $40 for the two but I gave him $50 because it was so easy. Just post something and wait and every now and then check out the new postings. Good Luck
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:55 am

pokerplaya wrote:Sweet. Thanks guys. Prices are a little steep on ebay and stubhub, but I'm definitely going to check craiglist out. Keep the ideas coming.

Just be careful with Craigslist. A friend of mine got ripped off. He had to send the guy a check and he didn't send the tickets. He promised to sell tickets that he did not have. He did get his money back in the end but it was a huge hassle. You don't get the protection that e-bay gives you on craigslist.

I must say I have made contact with a guy selling tickets on craigslist and he was very professional and I have never had a problem. I have bought from him four times this year I know now that I can trust him. I would recommend a phone call. Sometimes you can tell if you are dealing with a punk when you speak to them.

Just a warning to be careful.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:48 am

Minor League Skilz wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Sweet. Thanks guys. Prices are a little steep on ebay and stubhub, but I'm definitely going to check craiglist out. Keep the ideas coming.

Just be careful with Craigslist. A friend of mine got ripped off. He had to send the guy a check and he didn't send the tickets. He promised to sell tickets that he did not have. He did get his money back in the end but it was a huge hassle. You don't get the protection that e-bay gives you on craigslist.

I must say I have made contact with a guy selling tickets on craigslist and he was very professional and I have never had a problem. I have bought from him four times this year I know now that I can trust him. I would recommend a phone call. Sometimes you can tell if you are dealing with a punk when you speak to them.

Just a warning to be careful.

Thanks. I appreciate the heads up.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Return to General Talk