Beltran... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran...

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:20 pm

Mets score 12 runs...he goes 0-3 with an RBI.

So when are all the Met Fans and the NY Media going to rip into this guy? I mean he has gotten a relative pass so far. That can't last too much longer can it if he continues to hit like Eric Byrnes?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran...

Postby garf112 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:00 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Mets score 12 runs...he goes 0-3 with an RBI.

So when are all the Met Fans and the NY Media going to rip into this guy? I mean he has gotten a relative pass so far. That can't last too much longer can it if he continues to hit like Eric Byrnes?

Well, considering he hit a home run last night, and has been hitting the ball relatively hard, I think he should get a pass. If he hasn't started to tear the cover off the ball within the next couple of weeks he should get ripped.

Personally, I think it is good to see that even without Beltran hitting the Mets can score 12 runs off a team, especially one that is starting Jake Peavy on that day.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:03 pm

I watched the game. He didn't look that bad. The fact of the matter is he is an immensly talented player, and he will turn it around at some point. Being that Shea is his home park, how much remains to be seen, but I expect him to eventually start hitting the ball like we all know he is capable. I don't feel he ever was a .300 40/40 player, and if he averages .285 30/30 during his tenure in NY, I will be more than happy.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:28 pm

He definately didn't play all that bad, the sac fly was really the best he could of done in his situation. He only left one player on base and he really didnt have much opportunity to have huge numbers today.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:42 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:He definately didn't play all that bad, the sac fly was really the best he could of done in his situation. He only left one player on base and he really didnt have much opportunity to have huge numbers today.

I'm trusting you hear. I still can't believe I took him OVER Pujols. :-°
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:54 pm

king ctb taking beltran over pujols was definately not a smart idea lol, especially if your playing in a h2h league where SB don't matter as much. If you have beltran in a keeper league then you really dont have that much to worry about, since likely his value is very low you wont get much if you trade him, and all players need time to adapt into their new environment especially if its New york. Examples are Alex Rodriguez of last year and Randy Johnson if this year. If you are not in a keeper league then id still hang onto him as he will likely have a much better 2nd half than first in my mind. He will get around 10-15 more sb and the homers and rbi's will come. Im very surprised he does not have the runs, he was leading that category in spring training, maybe Piazza and floyd just havent been hitting him in like the astros did but he still did well in runs even in KC. Im very surprised by that.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zhutou » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:02 am

that's because he never gets on base dude
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:24 am

kingctb27 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:He definately didn't play all that bad, the sac fly was really the best he could of done in his situation. He only left one player on base and he really didnt have much opportunity to have huge numbers today.

I'm trusting you hear. I still can't believe I took him OVER Pujols. :-°

Well, that was a mistake even in March or whenever it is that you drafted him. :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Return to Baseball Leftovers