JAYS SWEEP THE M's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

JAYS SWEEP THE M's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JAYS SWEEP THE M's

Postby sportsguy80 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:47 pm

could this be a sign that the jays are back on track and are gonna challenge the AL EAST or is it the JAYS just beating a really crappy team..and also lol i was at the game last night and me and my buddy sat right in front of 3rd base at i was yelling at beltre the whole game he may be the 2004 HR King but hes the 2005 strikeout Queen

anywas the jays are set to play a 3 game series against Kansas i expect no less than a Sweep ;-D ...this is our chance to really jump back into the hunt

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: JAYS SWEEP THE M's

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:47 pm

sportsguy80 wrote:could this be a sign that the jays are back on track and are gonna challenge the AL EAST or is it the JAYS just beating a really crappy team..

I'd say its the latter.. :,-(

No need to get too excited about anything while Doc is gone..
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:47 pm

mweir145 wrote:
sportsguy80 wrote:could this be a sign that the jays are back on track and are gonna challenge the AL EAST or is it the JAYS just beating a really crappy team..

I would say taking advantage of crappy pitching.

btw - after this series is there any doubt that we have the best defensive second baseman in the AL?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

I would say taking advantage of crappy pitching.

btw - after this series is there any doubt that we have the best defensive second baseman in the AL?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Orlando Hudson is the best defensive 2nd basemen in the league. If he doesn't win the Gold Glove then I seriously would protest.

Secondly, In no way do I think the Jays are out of the race. They have been playing good baseball the past few games and the offense has really stepped it up. As long as we get quality starts from our rotation, I think we have a shot. We have a series with Kansas which hopefully we can gain some ground on the Yanks and Sox..It's also good that the Sox have the White Sox to deal with.

Hopefully JP makes a smart move if any at the deadline. I think he knows what he's doing.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sportsguy80 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:28 am

a Source on tsn said that the jays were gonna be fairly quiet come the tradeline...personally im kind of happy the jays are gonna be quiet I dont think they should trade the likes of orlando hudson or cattalanotto...or these retarded reports sayin that SHEA will be gone ya rite...

wat hudson does for the jays at second is amazing if you put all those hits and RBI's the O-dog takes away and add them to his stats he would be the AL MVP..also Johhny G was saying that if the traded hudson he wouldn't put hill in that spot b/c he has never played second before ever and doesnt know what it looks like from that spot..

personally i wouldnt trade the O-dog..i also wouldnt trade cattalonotto hes a good outfielder and a good hitter..and SHEA i dont think hes going anywherei would trade Hinske away former rookies of the year are supposaed to play good for example bobby crosby hes playing good..anyways i also heard hinkse might get benched or sent to the minors wen Koskie returns but anyways if JP does decide to trade away players i hope he gets suome starting pitching in return im not talkin about prospect im talkin about something thats gonna help us this year and next year ...if were gonna get prospect screw that weve rebuilded enough lets cahllenge for the WORLD SERIES

im gettin tired of no winning teams in the raptors are $hit and the Leafs are trying ..well except the argos who won the grey cup and the skydome didnt sell out at all...but i want a CONTENDER GO JAYS GO!!!!!! :-) ;-D :-B

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:16 am

Well sooner or later, the Jays are going to have to trade somebody. Out of Hudson, Adams, and Hill, one of them has to go (maybe not in the next few days, but soon).. Right now, Orlando Hudson would have the most value of these 3, and with this being the final year of his contract before a big payday, this would be the perfect time to trade him.

J.P. should continue with his plan of contending in the next few years, and not get caught up in the fact that we are 5 games out of the playoffs. Because really, we are still a longshot to make it, with so many great teams in front (Yankees, Bo-Sox, Twins, A's, Rangers). After Kansas City, we have an extremely tough schedule comprised of Anaheim and Texas in the weeks following that series. I'm not totally sure they can survive this stretch without Doc, especially since they couldn't even manage to split a series vs Tampa.

If Frank Catalonnato and Shea Hillenbrand are pieces of the puzzle in which J.P. finds good players for in the next few years, then he shouldn't just abandon "the plan" because the Jays are on the verge of contention this year. Hillenbrand and the Cat are expendable in order to find another starter, or a power hitting first basemen. They would be the first to go if there was a trade, because teams are likely interested in them.

I'm not exactly sure they can send Hinske back down to the minors, without risking him getting picked up on waivers. It's because he's played in the league longer than 3 years or something of that sort..
They are stuck with his hefty contract no matter what... He seems to be heating up lately though.

If the Jays do make a deal, they will be buyers and not sellers. That is for certain.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays