I hit my first HR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I hit my first HR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RyanK » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:55 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:I was wondering at like 16 did any of you that were pitchers able to throw 80 mph? Im just wondering cuz when i watch the little league world series those kids are like 12 or 13 and they throw like 60-70.

when i was 14 on the big field i was hitting high 70s and then my freshman year i was able to hit low 80s then tore my rotator cuff so i just started playing baseball again this summer and have yet to pitch but i still got some velocity when im throwing around..

another kid in my grade was easily hitting 80s then and is high 80s low 90s right now.. there is also another kid whos a year younger who can throw just as hard...

so at 16 80 is not out of the question for some people, lot depends on how well their mechanics are and if they get good leg drive, cause i was a stick back then but had strong legs and good leg drive
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:03 am

hmm :-? i didnt expect that. I thought more people around my age range would be around 70-80. I guess some people are different, i am 16 and only throw around 72-75, but have many different pitches. And i got a nasty curve, barry zito style. :-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:11 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:hmm :-? i didnt expect that. I thought more people around my age range would be around 70-80. I guess some people are different, i am 16 and only throw around 72-75, but have many different pitches. And i got a nasty curve, barry zito style. :-D

I'm in about the same range, however I'm not really a pitcher. You will see a few guys that throw in the 80's but most of the pitchers I have faced have been in the low-mid 70's. Of course the competition in Iowa is probably different than in other places.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:18 am

My best friend just hit his first homerun today. We are 16. It was awesome watching it.

I haven't hit one out yet, but I don't care as long as I keep hitting my line drives.

After he hit it out, I came up and showed off my power by flying out to 2nd base. !+)

We lost 8-2 and the 2 run shot came in the last inning. Oh well.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tuff_gong » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:23 am

As a leadoff hitter for the last 6 years (i'm 17, going to be a senior this year), I have only hit 4 home runs in my life. But I will always remember the first one. I was 12, and it a walkoff homerun in the postseason tournament my league had every year when I played little league. A dead shot over the center field fence. ;-D

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:43 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Geez you guys have short fields. In junior high I played on a field that was 350 to left and 340 to right, 380 to left-center, 405 to center, and 420 to right-center. One kid hit a HR out of that park. Pulled it to left for a HR.

Now that's a park ;-D . My high school field was around 405 to center and around 330-340 down the lines. Our team hit more homers than I can count. We actually had guys shag fly balls on the other side of the fence during batting practice because our team was full of mashers. I wasn't anywhere close to the leaders on the team, but I hit my fair share too. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jzfran » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:33 pm

I was in a Little League HR Derby when I was 12. They used big fat batting cage softballs and the fence was 220'. None of the 12 kids in it could hit a single one out and I was the closest (off the fence).
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:08 pm

acsguitar wrote:Way to go!

My JV year i had 2 bombs... A grandslam and 3 Run homerun in back to back games...those were fun.

Hit a few in summer league.

Varsity I think I had 2 maybee?

Its always fun though...a good feeling

Thats because you played your games in Denver! ;-D
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:17 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:

My JV year i had 2 bombs... A grandslam and 3 Run homerun in back to back games...those were fun.

LOL
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:27 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:

:-b
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Previous

Return to General Talk