I hit my first HR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I hit my first HR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby emb0lus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:10 pm

nice job ;-D
never hit a homer in little league, only played 2 years of high school and didn't homer, but my best memory was when I was 16 I laid down a perfect squeeze bunt to score the go ahead run in our city series championship game in the top of the 6th (beat the throw too). Unfortunately in the bottom of the 7th, our right fielder dropped a can-o-corn for the 3rd out and the win and they scored 2 on his error and beat us. :-t
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:20 pm

Way to go!

My JV year i had 2 bombs... A grandslam and 3 Run homerun in back to back games...those were fun.

Hit a few in summer league.

Varsity I think I had 2 maybee?

Its always fun though...a good feeling
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:24 pm

RugbyD wrote:first one was when i was 14. about 320 down the left field line. it was a light swing and i thought it was just going to drop for a double. i rounded first and i heard people clapping and i though it was b/c a got a RBI. I looked for tha ball and i saw the LF walking out to the fence to go get the ball. I didn't even get to see it go out!

Funny thing is, all my HR never felt like HR coming off the bat, but some still got out there by a good stretch.

Aluminum bats have that effect sometimes :-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby eftda » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:31 pm

My coach wasn't going to lelt me play in the seasons only night game, and he was telling me over BP. I upset yet loose. I hit a line drive over his head that went over the fence... showed him ;-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:36 pm

eftda wrote:My coach wasn't going to lelt me play in the seasons only night game, and he was telling me over BP. I upset yet loose. I hit a line drive over his head that went over the fence... showed him ;-)

Nice! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Congrats ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:49 pm

I've always played with older age groups, so the only real homers came when I was about 11 or 12 and it was only like 190 or so to left, so it was pretty damn easy to just get the ball on the bat and pull it most of the time.

When I was 14, I switched to the 90 foot bases and it was about 375 to center, a huge wall (monster-like) in left, and 270 down the right field line. I had no chance at all to even get close. Most of my hits were singles or sliding doubles 'cause I hit them hard and I wasn't the best baserunner ever.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Half Massed » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:12 pm

i never hit a homerun in little league because i was a smaller guy. i was a pretty good defensive 2B/SS though, so my best memories are diving catches/stops. i only made a few, but i remember them. :-)
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:56 pm

Geez you guys have short fields. In junior high I played on a field that was 350 to left and 340 to right, 380 to left-center, 405 to center, and 420 to right-center. One kid hit a HR out of that park. Pulled it to left for a HR.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Well in my actual league my team was going for their second straight championship. It was the finals and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th one runner on and i was facing the best pitcher in the league. He threw the pitch inside and i hit a line drive over the fence way back. Too bad the next batter popped up and we lost 4-3. I played in my first year of highschool and the pitching/teams werent very good and i led my team in homers with 9 in 13 games. I'm not sure if i led the league, but we got to the semi's. Im usually a pitcher in house league though and dont focus on my bat that much. I was wondering at like 16 did any of you that were pitchers able to throw 80 mph? Im just wondering cuz when i watch the little league world series those kids are like 12 or 13 and they throw like 60-70.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk