I hit my first HR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I hit my first HR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I hit my first HR!

Postby cordscords » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:52 pm

I put my first over the fence yesterday in my 5 years of playing (I'm 16). It feels pretty good. A lined shot to center field, 320 at least. I got to keep the ball, it hit some water so it's all logged now. Oh well.

Any other cool HR experiences as a kid?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:58 pm

we had a homerun derby my senior of high school with the baseball team. They thought they were all awesome but me and this other guy that was not on the team were they only ones that even hit the ball close...pretty funny. He hit two homers and I had one skirt foul and another bounce off the fence.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:18 pm

BigMusky wrote:we had a homerun derby my senior of high school with the baseball team. They thought they were all awesome but me and this other guy that was not on the team were they only ones that even hit the ball close...pretty funny. He hit two homers and I had one skirt foul and another bounce off the fence.

We did the same thing last year - had one guy show off and hit one real far, but that was the only homerun. sailed over the road, and to give an idea, that's about 375.
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AT » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Hey congratulations man, that's awesome, great story!

My fondest memory of Little League as a kid (I was probably 13 or something) was my winless team "Classic Coffee" defeating the 1 loss "Broadway Bagels" juggernaut. I pitched 4 innings, gave up 1 run, caught the final couple innings and threw out a runner while homering and socking a double to give us the lead at some point or another (Kind of fuzzy since it was over 10 years ago). I have a picture of my dorkness with my catcher gear on, covered in dirt head to toe holding the game ball over my head smiling ear to ear. Little League memories are priceless. Especially when your career goes to $#!T when you start to lose your eyesight and can't hit anymore until you get glasses when it's already too late. Good Times.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:24 pm

I've never hit one but I never really played baseball after Little League. However, I did jack one off the fence and got a Inside the park homer in an allstar game. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:29 pm

first one was when i was 14. about 320 down the left field line. it was a light swing and i thought it was just going to drop for a double. i rounded first and i heard people clapping and i though it was b/c a got a RBI. I looked for tha ball and i saw the LF walking out to the fence to go get the ball. I didn't even get to see it go out!

Funny thing is, all my HR never felt like HR coming off the bat, but some still got out there by a good stretch.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:35 pm

I hit 2HR this year but like Rugby, I didn't think either of them were going out.My first one I was just rounding first and saw the umpire doing the HR sign, pretty cool. It won the game for us too ;-D
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:37 pm

RugbyD wrote:first one was when i was 14. about 320 down the left field line. it was a light swing and i thought it was just going to drop for a double. i rounded first and i heard people clapping and i though it was b/c a got a RBI. I looked for tha ball and i saw the LF walking out to the fence to go get the ball. I didn't even get to see it go out!

Funny thing is, all my HR never felt like HR coming off the bat, but some still got out there by a good stretch.

*cough* Steroids!

Congrats man, way to go! ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Invictus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:54 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
RugbyD wrote:first one was when i was 14. about 320 down the left field line. it was a light swing and i thought it was just going to drop for a double. i rounded first and i heard people clapping and i though it was b/c a got a RBI. I looked for tha ball and i saw the LF walking out to the fence to go get the ball. I didn't even get to see it go out!

*cough* Steroids!

Congrats man, way to go! ;-D

hahahah classic :-D
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:00 pm

I hit three back in little leauge on the small diamonds then a few inside the park homers in allumni since we didnt have fences and im somewhat fast, only had one in high school, also inside the park due to lack of fence... wouldnt mind one with a fence
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk