Kerry Wood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kerry Wood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kerry Wood

Postby smoke_screen_03 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 pm

Does anyone know why Wood was yanked after 3 IP? The strangest thing is that he got to hit, then got yanked immediately after. Anyone watching the game or have any idae what the deal was? Normally he would be allowed to pitch through only 3 runs in 3 IP.
smoke_screen_03
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mills13 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:46 pm

No idea, although I was flipping through the Cubs game and I was hearing something about the Cubs wanting to give Remlinger more time on the mound for some reason.
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:50 pm

off cbs: Kerry Wood of the Cubs left the game in the bottom of the 5th inning due to apparent stiffness in his right shoulder. :-o :-o
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:05 pm

As inevitable as night following day. :,-(
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby smoke_screen_03 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:12 pm

wow...stiffness. he has really screwed me over this season. thanks for the info. DAMMMIT!!!!
smoke_screen_03
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Chuckles » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:23 pm

I think I'm going to drop him...I'm tired of this!!!! :-t
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:23 am

This sounds more to me like Dusty is just being cautious.

[url=http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050720cubsgamer,1,801600.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines] "The first inning, I thought he had pretty good stuff," catcher Michael Barrett said of Wood. "I just thought he needed some time to get loose, get going. Some power pitchers are like that, and he's been like that the last couple games. Down the stretch, three through six, he's been pretty powerful in terms of velocity and stuff. And today, he had trouble getting to that point, trouble getting loose. All I could tell is that he wasn't as crisp compared to the last two starts that I had him, I don't know if that radar gun is right in left-center … some of the pitches he threw according to that gun were 87 to 91 (m.p.h.). A couple times he hit 95. But it just wasn't the same consistent fastball, the same consistent life we saw the two previous starts."

Wood got a visit from assistant athletic trainer Ed Halbur after the Griffey homer, but he stayed in to retire the next two batters.

When Wood came to the dugout after the third inning, he began shaking his right arm, according to Baker. "I knew we better get him out of there, He said it just didn't feel right. He warmed up great, Then in that one inning, he started feeling something. He wanted to stay in the game, certainly. Whether he was fine or not, that's a question. We don't want this to develop into anything real significant."

"Obviously, we looked and saw his velocity was a little bit down tonight from what it had been in the past," head trainer Mark O'Neal said. "When Ed went out there with Larry, Kerry denied symptoms. When he came in he was telling us that he was a little tight and we just didn't want to take any chances. So we pulled him from the game.

Wood threw 66 pitches, 41 for strikes. He gave up solo homers in each of his innings to Felipe Lopez, Adam Dunn and Ken Griffey Jr. respectively.
[/url]
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby AT » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:52 am

Doesn't sound at all serious. I don't anticipate him missing his next start. Damn you Kerry Wood, why did you have to fall so far in our draft that I HAD to take you...Damn you.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pmacxx2 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:51 am

It may not seem serious, but what is serious is the fact Kerry Wood continually has arm and shoulder injuries that force him to leave games prematurely. Wood's injury history is ominous, especially the reoccurring shoulder stiffness that has plagued him this season.

As a Runny Nose is to a Cold . . . Reoccurring Shoulder Stiffness is to a Torn Labrum?

Kerry Wood is Darren Driefort Redux?
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:26 am

....... anddddddd Wood will miss at least 1 start. Come on, who honestly didn't expect it this time?

News
Cubs hurler Kerry Wood will miss at least one start after getting a cortisone shot in his aching right shoulder Thursday, reports the Associated Press. Wood was removed from Wednesday's start after only three innings because of pain in his shoulder. Shoulder problems landed Wood on the disabled list earlier this season. "It's frustrating, especially with the amount of time I've missed," Wood was quoted as saying. "So we got the shot, went with a little more aggressive treatment this time. We'll see if that will take care of it."
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers