Point system

1b - 1pt
2b - 2pt
3b -3pt
hr - 4p
rbi - 1pt
bb - 1pt
sb - 1pt

I know Chipper walks more but Garret drives in more runs and gets more doubles, but Chipper is really consistent, but it looks like Garret is off to a great season, possibly 35-130 maybe?! I really hope so because I just pulled off a Thome/Chipper for Giambi/Garret trade and I'm trying to feel good about myself (I HAVE GIAMBI!!!)
mrecktid

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:18 am

Garret and Chipper are very close, but you made out by getting Giambi over Thome.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jamescloud16 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:57 am

I agree. I'd take Giambi/Garret in that deal.

Nice work.
Jamescloud16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmintert » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:58 am

I agree - Anderson is one of the most underappreciated producers in the OF, along with say Brian Giles. Plus, Chipper seems to be bothered by this wrist injury so far - his power numbers are way down in the HR category, while everyone else on the team is crushing the ball.
jmintert
College Coach
College Coach

Postby phunkadelic » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:46 am

Anderson is a much better player than Chipper. 30-100 is not only realistic expectations, but it is his norm. See his number over the last two years.

Good job on the trade. ;-D
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:06 pm

Garrett because getting WALKS is a BAD THING when batting 3 or below. Well unless you have a ton of studs behind you. Garrett hardly ever walks which is the reason he's up there in RBI every year but he won't score many runs.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Jury » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm

You probably got the better of that deal, but on to your main topic.

Chipper is far greater than Garret Anderson. It's only because Chipper had one down year, which was last year, that people underrate him. Check out his past 7 or so years.... WOAH DAMN HOMIE!!! HUGE homerun numbers, 100+ rbi, 100+ runs, and a WICKED K/BB ratio. THIS DUDE IS A STUD!!! Garret Anderson, while productive, it far from a fantasy stud and I'm not sure he's even been over 30 dingers yet.

LARRY (CHIPPER) JONES ALL THE WAY!
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:52 pm

[quote=]Anderson is a much better player than Chipper. [/quote]

Andersons not even close to Chipper career wise, or peak wise, to Chipper, using real hitting analytical tools. Chipper beats Anderson in career OPS .948 to 797. Thats MILES apart. Even using Andersons best season, last year, he was still only at .871. Using career OPS+, which factors in league average and park adjustments, Chipper wins easily 144 to 103. Anderson created 115 runs last year in his career year. Chipper beat that total 6 of his 8 years. Their career runs created per 27 outs arent close, Chipper over 8, to Andersons 5. Bottom line is Chipper gets on base, doesnt make alot of outs.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:55 pm

[quote=]Garrett because getting WALKS is a BAD THING when batting 3 or below. Well unless you have a ton of studs behind you. Garrett hardly ever walks which is the reason he's up there in RBI every year but he won't score many runs.[/quote]

Walking is never a bad thing. It means you got on base, DIDNT MAKE A OUT, brought another hitter to plate, made pitcher throw more pitches, and of course the job of every hitter, to create a run.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby dannahann » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:20 pm

I like the deal overall simply becuse Giambi will outproduce Thome in your system. I agre that Chipper is better than Anderson tho. As others have alluded to, his OPS advantage tells the story. In your league a walk counts as much as a single (less the extra runs you'll drive in with a single). GA "might" hit 30 or 35...Chipper routinely does.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers