Has anyone else noticed Pudge has forgotten how to walk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has anyone else noticed Pudge has forgotten how to walk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has anyone else noticed Pudge has forgotten how to walk?

Postby DK » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:58 pm

Now, Pudge has never been known for his great plate discipline, but look at these numbers for the last 3 years...

BB K
55 92
41 91
5 61

5!? 8-o that's not a typo. He's walked less than the pinnacle for terrible plate discipline, my hometown SS Jose Reyes.

Where did his batting eye go?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Laean » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:37 pm

yeah i noticed too. we use walks in our league and i've had him all year, so i've been pretty annoyed at the fact that he barely walks. if he did walk, his OPS would be higher than the .750~ it is around now, and he'd also probably be the most valuable catcher in our league. as it is though, he's still the 3rd best catcher due to his insane # of hits (for a catcher) and decent #s everywhere else. i think it's also interesting how he hits in the 6th hole, but he has way more runs and rbis. it's almost sad how the people in front of him can't get on base, while the 7th 8th and 9th hitters consistently bat him home.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Has anyone else noticed Pudge has forgotten how to walk?

Postby nikku88 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:51 am

DK wrote:Now, Pudge has never been known for his great plate discipline, but look at these numbers for the last 3 years...

BB K
55 92
41 91
5 61

5!? 8-o that's not a typo. He's walked less than the pinnacle for terrible plate discipline, my hometown SS Jose Reyes.

Where did his batting eye go?

55 is actually his career high, although he is walking less than ever these days. He usually seems to get in the 30's.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:13 am

Yeah, us Tiger fans have been watching him flail at pretty much everything in sight. He's still hitting the ball well, but that OBP is really dragging right now compared to his past years. Still a stud on defense and handles a pitching staff well, so we can live with it.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:29 am

Wow, you are absolutely right. I hadn't noticed as I play all 5X5 stuff, and walks never really were a factor. Not a good sign though, that's for sure.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers