WSOP on ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WSOP on ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:00 pm

I was watching at like 3-5 in the morning, couldn't remember the time but it was repeated then and that's when I got a chance to see it. I thought Bellande was gonna get eliminated earlier when he needed a 9 (?) on the river card and ended up getting it - knocking out Tony Ma (I think). I thought Thaler got pretty unlucky and Ivey going down early was disappointing.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:50 pm

Was it just me or did the guy who won look like he was going to pass out every hand he went all-in on? I was worried about the guy. :-b I obviously get an adrenaline kick when I'm all-in, but this guy was shaking, and breathing pretty heavy... :-D
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:12 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Was it just me or did the guy who won look like he was going to pass out every hand he went all-in on? I was worried about the guy. :-b I obviously get an adrenaline kick when I'm all-in, but this guy was shaking, and breathing pretty heavy... :-D

I just noticed him blinking alot whenever he bet anything. It was funny when Bellande made fun of him for putting in $24,000 then going to like $160,000. :-b
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kentx12 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:41 pm

I love the tourneys that they have before the main event. Gives me something to watch on Tuesday night.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:53 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Was it just me or did the guy who won look like he was going to pass out every hand he went all-in on? I was worried about the guy. :-b I obviously get an adrenaline kick when I'm all-in, but this guy was shaking, and breathing pretty heavy... :-D

I just noticed him blinking alot whenever he bet anything. It was funny when Bellande made fun of him for putting in $24,000 then going to like $160,000. :-b

He was mad that Lee raised the bet that big so "Bobby" couldn't chase his straight draw. Making fun of Lee making a decent play only made "Bobby" look even more like an idiot in my eyes.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:54 am

Madison wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

He was mad that Lee raised the bet that big so "Bobby" couldn't chase his straight draw. Making fun of Lee making a decent play only made "Bobby" look even more like an idiot in my eyes.

I dont know MAD betting the 24k seemed like a come bet on the flop even to someone who wasn't there, so the right play was a raise but I agree with bobby that it was too much. Imagine if Lee doubles the raise again to 48k. Now he would have had bobby thinking and he might have just re-raised giving lee exactly what he wants. Instead he protected his hand and opted for a safer route.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:03 am

perlick29 wrote:I dont know MAD betting the 24k seemed like a come bet on the flop even to someone who wasn't there, so the right play was a raise but I agree with bobby that it was too much. Imagine if Lee doubles the raise again to 48k. Now he would have had bobby thinking and he might have just re-raised giving lee exactly what he wants. Instead he protected his hand and opted for a safer route.

Sure, it was a come bet preflop. Lee had pocket kings. Once the flop hit and "Bobby" bet 24K, Lee needed to find out if Bobby was chasing, or if he really hit a hand, not to mention protecting his kings. Bobby has a chip on his shoulder and there's no way he chases with crap cards on the huge raise. Lee knew that, and took down the pot right there. He sensed that Bobby did hit a piece of the flop or a decent draw, so why not just take it down right there if you can? Not really that bad of a play at all, especially with the kind of money that was at stake. Sure, he could have let Bobby chase, but had Bobby hit, he never would have forgiven himself. Tough call, but I'm not going to say Lee played it wrong. He won the pot, it was a decent pot, and he wound up winning the whole thing when Bobby went all in and Lee was holding the nuts, so I can't fault him.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:24 pm

This sucks...for some reason I chose Gabriel Thaler as one of my 10 in the main event fantasy thing we got going on here, he'll probably never do that well again :,-(
big ups to smoovethug on the sig
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk