WSOP on ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WSOP on ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WSOP on ESPN

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:19 am

Anyone watch tonight's event?

I don't dislike many people, but I was very happy to see "Bobby" lose. Class 1 grade A jerk. :-t

Was good television though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:56 am

OK, like I said...I'll watch the stuff before the Main Event, but I'm probably skipping that. Well, we'll see. ;-7

Yeah, that dude was a butt head. There are a lot of them in pro poker though...that's why I really don't like trash talk all that much. Most of them take it pretty well, but I remember that one guy that got mad at Matusow and wouldn't shake his hand last year. I didn't blame him for that at all because Matusow is a jerk too. :-P

Harman makes good TV too (mainly because she looks nice and plays poker well)...I'd take Annie Duke over her though. :-)
Image
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3455
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:38 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I remember that one guy that got mad at Matusow and wouldn't shake his hand last year. I didn't blame him for that at all because Matusow is a jerk too. :-P


8-o

That one guy? 8-o

*Wipes eyes*

8-o


DUDE, that was Raymer who wouldn't shake Matusow's hand! :-D Went on to win the whole thing? :-D

Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:23 am

Was it? :-B

Oh well...I just remember some dude wouldn't do it. I guess now that you say it was him I remember more clearly. :-D
Image
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3455
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Irish » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:54 am

Madison wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:I remember that one guy that got mad at Matusow and wouldn't shake his hand last year. I didn't blame him for that at all because Matusow is a jerk too. :-P


8-o

That one guy? 8-o

*Wipes eyes*

8-o


DUDE, that was Raymer who wouldn't shake Matusow's hand! :-D Went on to win the whole thing? :-D

Lol. :-b


Yeah, and Matusow said Raymer had little balls during that hand, then saying he himself had big ones and really rubbed it in. Thankfully Matusow busted out on a 3 outer right in front of Raymer and started crying 30 seconds after the bad beat.

The guy at the table last night wasn't an ass, just a needler, trying to get people on tilt. Matusow is just a pompous prick.

I loved when Jennifer called Lee on those pocket Jacks, that was pretty tight. ;-D
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:20 am

I was disappointed because I thought that this was an actual part of the big WSOP tourney and not a circuit tourney.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Irish » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:29 am

Lofunzo wrote:I was disappointed because I thought that this was an actual part of the big WSOP tourney and not a circuit tourney.


This is how it was last year. 30 episodes or so, 10 of which will be the main event.

Not really a circuit tourney, because the world series of poker is the 30 days of poker played including all the tourneys like the one we saw last night.

So player of the year points are affected by all those tourneys leading up to the big one. Jennifer Harman is looking cute by the way ;-D
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:33 am

Irish wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I was disappointed because I thought that this was an actual part of the big WSOP tourney and not a circuit tourney.


This is how it was last year. 30 episodes or so, 10 of which will be the main event.

Not really a circuit tourney, because the world series of poker is the 30 days of poker played including all the tourneys like the one we saw last night.

So player of the year points are affected by all those tourneys leading up to the big one. Jennifer Harman is looking cute by the way ;-D


Thanks for the explanation. ;-D I just hadn't thought about it and I was expecting to see the big tourney. As for Jennifer, she is cute compared to the others and looked O.K. but those closeups reaked of dirtiness. :-o
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Irish » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:10 am

Yeah, definitely a trailer trash feel, but she might just be the cutest girl in poker :-o
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Irish wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I was disappointed because I thought that this was an actual part of the big WSOP tourney and not a circuit tourney.


This is how it was last year. 30 episodes or so, 10 of which will be the main event.

Not really a circuit tourney, because the world series of poker is the 30 days of poker played including all the tourneys like the one we saw last night.

So player of the year points are affected by all those tourneys leading up to the big one. Jennifer Harman is looking cute by the way ;-D


Thanks for the explanation. ;-D I just hadn't thought about it and I was expecting to see the big tourney. As for Jennifer, she is cute compared to the others and looked O.K. but those closeups reaked of dirtiness. :-o


They explained that she had her second or third kidney transplant. Lat year she looked MUCH worse. I'm very happy to see she's looking and feeling better even if she's not all th way back because she's one of the nicer people on the circuit. As for JR Bobby, he's definitely a needler but one of my friends played with him about 8 months ago and says that he's not very hard to ignore. Good episode last nightm he got what was coming to him. I like the hold'em or fold'em segments with Jesus in the fridge. ;-D
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact