MVP BASEBALL 2005 Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP BASEBALL 2005 Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:55 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Dude all you had to do was play with the sliders. And you should never get blown out like 10-0, play all-star. The only 1-0 games i get is when Johan is on the mound for me vs like Randy J or Pedro. All the other games are like 5-3, 8-3, 3-7. Theyre sometimes close games, but they are normal games. In all-star if you make one mistake pitch theyll hit it out of the park. For the user side, they dont normall throw mistake pitches so you just have to get on base, get a man to third with one out or less, and hope you get at least a sac fly. I also hit quite a bit of homeruns, sometimes line drive while not even holding up. Install the game its great if you play with the right settings.

Serenity now!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:40 pm

i have a question about spring training in dynasty mode: what's the point? i get the mini games obviously, but do the regular games have any effect on anything, or are they just to make it more realistic? basically do the guys improve at all during spring training outside of mini games? i'm kinda confused on that and am wondering if i should just sim the regular games or if i should be playing them with prospects or what... can anyone help me out?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:51 pm

Half Massed wrote:i have a question about spring training in dynasty mode: what's the point? i get the mini games obviously, but do the regular games have any effect on anything, or are they just to make it more realistic? basically do the guys improve at all during spring training outside of mini games? i'm kinda confused on that and am wondering if i should just sim the regular games or if i should be playing them with prospects or what... can anyone help me out?

I don't think they improve due to spring training. IMO.. I think its just the game.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:51 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Half Massed wrote:i have a question about spring training in dynasty mode: what's the point? i get the mini games obviously, but do the regular games have any effect on anything, or are they just to make it more realistic? basically do the guys improve at all during spring training outside of mini games? i'm kinda confused on that and am wondering if i should just sim the regular games or if i should be playing them with prospects or what... can anyone help me out?

I don't think they improve due to spring training. IMO.. I think its just the game.

Wrong. I usually just sim these spring training games but you can play em if you want. But at the end of spring training a player projection sheet comes up, how the hell do you guys miss that. It tells you what players have moved up and which down, and it shows you by how much in their contact, power, control etc. For some reason the projection also applies to the AAA, AA and A players that dont even play games at the time...
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:20 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Wrong. I usually just sim these spring training games but you can play em if you want. But at the end of spring training a player projection sheet comes up, how the hell do you guys miss that. It tells you what players have moved up and which down, and it shows you by how much in their contact, power, control etc. For some reason the projection also applies to the AAA, AA and A players that dont even play games at the time...

No Mets threat.

One year I had Livan Hernandez going 6-0 0.00ERA 17K/9inn 0.05WHIP in the spring training...

...and his attribute dropped :-t
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:22 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Serenity now!!!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:41 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

No Mets threat.

One year I had Livan Hernandez going 6-0 0.00ERA 17K/9inn 0.05WHIP in the spring training...

...and his attribute dropped :-t

I personally think its all random, but they were asking if there was player progression. and there is even if it is randomly negative.

.05 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Half Massed » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:39 am

ooh ok, so does a player's preformance in these games affect his attributes or is it random? i'm getting mixed answers so i dunno.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:46 am

Half Massed wrote:ooh ok, so does a player's preformance in these games affect his attributes or is it random? i'm getting mixed answers so i dunno.

take a look at the Livan example. It affect a little bit. But it's mostly random.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:24 pm

Like for example i think the first few years are automated. The first year i stole 47 bases with beltran, then had around 13 sb in spring training but his speed still goes down. and it has gone down every single first spring training i sim and check his player progression. But maybe 4 or 5 years into it it actually is dependant on how you play.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk