MVP BASEBALL 2005 Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP BASEBALL 2005 Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:23 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote: Also does anyone know where you can find the award winners of last year or the years before i want to find my rookie of the year and gold gloves.[/list]


i think its in the my mvp trophies section, but that may only be for this year? :-? otherwise i dunno...
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:22 pm

TMT...........I think for a closer to get a Cy you have to break a record save number.....if you're not in the 50s why should you get a Cy Young when other people have done it and not gotten the Award.
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:15 am

LooseCannon wrote:TMT...........I think for a closer to get a Cy you have to break a record save number.....if you're not in the 50s why should you get a Cy Young when other people have done it and not gotten the Award.


because of a .64 era and around a .5-.8 whip
Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 14 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:34 pm

this game drives me crazy,,,,,, i played a game just now,,,, and got bombed 15-4 by the orioles..... they killed everything that my drays staff threw up there( Harden was my starting pitcher)..... i had 4 hits---4 solo HRs by Ken Griffey Jr and i also made 6 errors--- i dont think i had made but 7 errors all season in 27 ball games------........... biggest thing is i was coming off a 3 game sweep of the yanks ;-D and had a 7 game winning streak on the line....... oh well have to try and start another winning streak....... :~(
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:05 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:this game drives me crazy,,,,,, i played a game just now,,,, and got bombed 15-4 by the orioles..... they killed everything that my drays staff threw up there( Harden was my starting pitcher)..... i had 4 hits---4 solo HRs by Ken Griffey Jr and i also made 6 errors--- i dont think i had made but 7 errors all season in 27 ball games------........... biggest thing is i was coming off a 3 game sweep of the yanks ;-D and had a 7 game winning streak on the line....... oh well have to try and start another winning streak....... :~(


Well that's bad luck to begin with :-D ........also how the heck do you make 7 errors in one game...sounds like you wer ewimpatient today. DId you hold the trhow button oo long every time?
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:30 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:this game drives me crazy,,,,,, i played a game just now,,,, and got bombed 15-4 by the orioles..... they killed everything that my drays staff threw up there( Harden was my starting pitcher)..... i had 4 hits---4 solo HRs by Ken Griffey Jr and i also made 6 errors--- i dont think i had made but 7 errors all season in 27 ball games------........... biggest thing is i was coming off a 3 game sweep of the yanks ;-D and had a 7 game winning streak on the line....... oh well have to try and start another winning streak....... :~(


Well that's bad luck to begin with :-D ........also how the heck do you make 7 errors in one game...sounds like you wer ewimpatient today. DId you hold the trhow button oo long every time?




well i do have my drays in first place by 5 games over those mighty sox and yanks..... ;-D ;-D ;-D


the rest of your question,,,, i have no idea what u are trying to say :-D :-D
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:56 am

I finally uninstalled the darn game!

It frustrated the heck out of me...

I'd win 20-0 on Pro then lose 10-0 on allstar...online was terrible as all games were pretty much 1-0

Anyone wanna trade me something for the game?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:06 pm

Didn't you do this before? :-? :-b
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:25 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Didn't you do this before? :-? :-b


No first time uninstalling it...i probably threatened too a few times.....anyways I'll trade it for the ESPN Version
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Dude all you had to do was play with the sliders. And you should never get blown out like 10-0, play all-star. The only 1-0 games i get is when Johan is on the mound for me vs like Randy J or Pedro. All the other games are like 5-3, 8-3, 3-7. Theyre sometimes close games, but they are normal games. In all-star if you make one mistake pitch theyll hit it out of the park. For the user side, they dont normall throw mistake pitches so you just have to get on base, get a man to third with one out or less, and hope you get at least a sac fly. I also hit quite a bit of homeruns, sometimes line drive while not even holding up. Install the game its great if you play with the right settings.
Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 14 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact