The end of Brazoban? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The end of Brazoban?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:26 am

Thanks. Must be someone else I'm thinking of that is going to miss that much time :-?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:02 am

nsulham wrote:Thanks. Must be someone else I'm thinking of that is going to miss that much time :-?

Perhaps you were thinking of Wang, but its too early to say on him new reports say. It was thought that he had a torn rotator cuff- out possibly next year but new reports say that may not be the case. 3 weeks of exercise will tell whether he needs surgery.

Again, the Dodgers should be sellers and a new closer is not going to get them into the postseason. Best just wait for Gagne next year.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:32 am

nsulham wrote:Thanks. Must be someone else I'm thinking of that is going to miss that much time :-?

The first reports were that Gagne was going to miss around a year but later changed to 6 months.
Rotoworld wrote:Eric Gagne underwent surgery today and received the good news that his ligament was not actually torn, putting his recovery time closer to six months than a full year, manager Jim Tracy told Xtra Sports 570 AM.
Gagne had scar tissue removed and some repair work done to the UCL in his right elbow. There doesn't seem to be any chance of him returning this season, but he'll probably be ready to go at the start of 2006.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby AT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:37 am

I've already added Gagne to my list of players to not touch next year unless he's somehow available at the very end of my drafts.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stumpak » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:05 am

I would think it would be Sanchez if Yhecny continues to tank. There is not reason to waste time with a journeyman like Carrera.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:18 pm

Gawd... I wouldn't mind if they removed him from the closers role. That 12.60 ERA to go along with the 5 saves he's gotten me just ain't worth it!
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers