thome on the block? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Philadelphia Phillies

thome on the block?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

thome on the block?

Postby sheffield81 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:22 am

A trade for Thome would be a steal. they have ryan howard, chase utley, and gavin floyd. Young players who can play well will give you a team at the playoffs they're only 5.5 out and teams like the yankees and braves have shown that they can step into the pennant chase.
sheffield81
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:51 pm

yes but there is virtually no team that expressed interest in him even if the phils offer to eat most of his salary. The phils should stop pretending that they can contend and trade wagner to the sox for shoppach and pitching prospects. They might also include rollins in the deal to go after hanley ramirez or dustin pedroia. Then their outlook would be MUCH better for the future.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Gut the Phillies

Postby philleez » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:24 pm

Been a long time Phillies fan and I am just sick of this group of players. No emotion, no drive and no common sense seem to be the issue of every game they play. Not to mention, horrible managing. I would much rather watch a team like the Pirates or Brewers with younger players who are starved for MLB action and want to win. They have something to play for, their careers. At least the Pirates and Brewers have very good prospects on the way and what do the Phillies have???
Start trading these veteran players like Urbina, Wagner, Thome, Bell, Lieberthal and anyone else for that matter. Even Abreu and Burrell should be shopped around. 5 games out of first and people think we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. What team have you been watching??!! Trade Thome to anyone who wants him and let Howard play. Trade Urbina and Wagner to contenders who need bullpen help and get prospects. Boston, Atlanta CHW come to mind. Abreu's value is high so trade him now. Trade him to Detroit since he likes hitting there so much and get Monroe, Shelton and a young pitcher back.
This group of players does not have what it takes to win. Anyone can see that and it should not take 3 managers to prove it. I would keep Myers, Utley and Howard and consider moving anyone else in the right deal. And that, is an entirely different subject.
"If the visiting team hits it, is it still called a home run?"
philleez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Philadelphia Phillies