Hermanson... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hermanson...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hermanson...

Postby ChoneJohn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:18 am

Apparently he has some back problems? Anybody have any other news out there? Yahoo and Rotoworld mention his back, but they don't give any kind of timetable. Is he going on the DL?
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:34 pm

Just some back tightness, I think he'll be fine. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Soxcess11 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:00 pm

he went for an MRI either yesterday night or this morning and it came back "okay", not quite sure what that means but the word here is that he might be getting a little down time soon, either a trip to the DL or just sitting out a few games...like last night...I think if he goes to the DL though, Billy Wagner shoots right up to the top priority for Kenny Williams
Soxcess11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:05 pm

Wow...I can't even express how much Billy Wagner going to the Whitesox would help my fantasy team right now. I just traded Hermanson + Mench to get Ichiro. I actually have Wagner AND Urbina on my fantasy team right now. If Wagner went to the Whitesox to close and Urbina took on the closer job in Philly I get a free closer and don't even have to win the race to grab him...plus I get the Whitesox closer again after just trading him! ;-D

Too bad Politte's already owned in my league (the main backup to Hermanson). Anyone think Marte is worth a pickup or is Politte probably the everyday guy while Hermanson's out?
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby yossarian » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:10 pm

I'm thinking about adding Marte. His numbers aren't bad and he should get a couple saves here and there.

The Yahoo note about Hermansno's back really makes it sound like he might be out for awhile--
"Manager Ozzie Guillen did not seem confident that Hermanson, who missed some time in April because of his back, would be back soon"
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:02 pm

Yeah, it sounds like Hermanson's out for a while and Guillen doesn't sound like he's bound and determined to re-insert Hermes into the closer role when he returns either :~(

Man I wish I could still grab Politte. I just dropped Brazoban too...... yikes. :-o

Hey Soxcess, you've got the insider information. Keep us posted with how long he will be out and whether or not he'll close from what you gather out in Chi-town please. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby ChoneJohn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:16 pm

yeah, guillen's tone about herm's injury kinda has me worried. that said, i'd be really suprised if they went out and got a closer before the deadline. politte and marte seem to be able to fill the role when necessary, and unless guillen has done a complete 180 on the herminator, my guess is that he'll go back to being the closer when he's healthy (fingers crossed). course i dont' have the chicago inside track, so you sox fans keep on letting us know what's up. we appreciate it.
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:59 am

This is a little more encouraging-

Jul 20 The Chicago Tribune's Dave Van Dyck reports Chicago White Sox CL Dustin Hermanson (back) will need occasional rest at certain stretches the rest of the way, as he has back spasms that will require attention. Hermanson, who has saved 22 games in 23 tries, should be available again, perhaps as soon as July 20. "He has back spasms, they're kind of a chronic thing but they're manageable," trainer Herm Schneider said. "Every once in a while he needs a couple days to let them calm down and he'll go back to work."
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates