Does Beltran have any value whatsoever? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Beltran have any value whatsoever?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dorje3 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:35 pm

If you paid top dollar, used a first round pick on Beltran AND if he has been in your lineup all season then there is no piont at all in trading him now.
You won't get anything close to what you spent for him, and you don't want to be that guy...
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 778
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:28 pm

Laurence wrote:i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now


That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Irish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:34 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Laurence wrote:i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now


That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.


Nope.

The problem is no one that has him will want to trade him for crap and no one that wants him will give more then crap for him because he isn't worth it.

With all this talk about Beltran he probably isn't moving teams too often.
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:36 pm

Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Laurence wrote:i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now


That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.


Nope.

The problem is no one that has him will want to trade him for crap and no one that wants him will give more then crap for him because he isn't worth it.

With all this talk about Beltran he probably isn't moving teams too often.

I disagree. There are many managers who get too frustrated to care about where they drafted him; they seek an immediate gain and that's what you'd get by trading him Kevin Mench for Beltran, which just went through in my league.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby jbones733 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:13 pm

he wnet # 1 in my league to a met fan, not a huge stretch at th begining of the year, but his AMAZING postseason gave him too much hype. tho he was going mid 1st rd when w Royals also

the craziest thing is here in NYC , so far he is getting a pass,. they killll everynoe & their mother here & no one has said a thing about Beltran sucking, they kill Piazza, A Rod, the Unit, Reyes, anyone & everyone but he gets a pass, he wont if he sucks again next year
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 4032
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ home in my galaxie

Postby Irish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:37 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Laurence wrote:i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now


That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.


Nope.

The problem is no one that has him will want to trade him for crap and no one that wants him will give more then crap for him because he isn't worth it.

With all this talk about Beltran he probably isn't moving teams too often.

I disagree. There are many managers who get too frustrated to care about where they drafted him; they seek an immediate gain and that's what you'd get by trading him Kevin Mench for Beltran, which just went through in my league.


Wow, well that seems like desperation. If people have that oppurtunity they should ofcourse try to grab him, but I certainly haven't seen that in my leagues.

Does it piss you off you didn't offer someone better then Mench first??? :-o
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:48 pm

Not really...my outfield situation is pretty solid (C. Lee, Vlad, Abreu). Still a little disheartening to see I could have gotten him cheap. :,-(
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am

Even with my Beltran-optimism, I'll still going back to benching him for Cliff Floyd until he gives me reason not to. :-°
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:11 am

davidmarver wrote:
Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Laurence wrote:i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now


That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.


Nope.

The problem is no one that has him will want to trade him for crap and no one that wants him will give more then crap for him because he isn't worth it.

With all this talk about Beltran he probably isn't moving teams too often.

I disagree. There are many managers who get too frustrated to care about where they drafted him; they seek an immediate gain and that's what you'd get by trading him Kevin Mench for Beltran, which just went through in my league.


If you can get him for Mench sure, but most owners would certainly ask for more. I really have no confidence in Beltran improving this season. He's not a guy I personally would be looking to trade for this season. I just don't see the numbers being there to warrant him starting.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:30 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Even with my Beltran-optimism, I'll still going back to benching him for Cliff Floyd until he gives me reason not to. :-°


There's my reason... he just hit a two run jack from my bench. :-°
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GiantsFan14, scarnicease and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact