Does Beltran have any value whatsoever? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Beltran have any value whatsoever?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dorje3 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:35 pm

If you paid top dollar, used a first round pick on Beltran AND if he has been in your lineup all season then there is no piont at all in trading him now.
You won't get anything close to what you spent for him, and you don't want to be that guy...
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:28 pm

Laurence wrote:i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now

That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Irish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:34 pm

davidmarver wrote:

That's exactly why you would trade for him. He's a much better talent than his numbers indicate and you can give up relatively little to get him.

Nope.

The problem is no one that has him will want to trade him for crap and no one that wants him will give more then crap for him because he isn't worth it.

With all this talk about Beltran he probably isn't moving teams too often.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:36 pm

Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Nope.

The problem is no one that has him will want to trade him for crap and no one that wants him will give more then crap for him because he isn't worth it.

I disagree. There are many managers who get too frustrated to care about where they drafted him; they seek an immediate gain and that's what you'd get by trading him Kevin Mench for Beltran, which just went through in my league.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:13 pm

he wnet # 1 in my league to a met fan, not a huge stretch at th begining of the year, but his AMAZING postseason gave him too much hype. tho he was going mid 1st rd when w Royals also

the craziest thing is here in NYC , so far he is getting a pass,. they killll everynoe & their mother here & no one has said a thing about Beltran sucking, they kill Piazza, A Rod, the Unit, Reyes, anyone & everyone but he gets a pass, he wont if he sucks again next year
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Irish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:37 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Nope.

I disagree. There are many managers who get too frustrated to care about where they drafted him; they seek an immediate gain and that's what you'd get by trading him Kevin Mench for Beltran, which just went through in my league.

Wow, well that seems like desperation. If people have that oppurtunity they should ofcourse try to grab him, but I certainly haven't seen that in my leagues.

Does it piss you off you didn't offer someone better then Mench first??? :-o
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:48 pm

Not really...my outfield situation is pretty solid (C. Lee, Vlad, Abreu). Still a little disheartening to see I could have gotten him cheap. :,-(
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am

Even with my Beltran-optimism, I'll still going back to benching him for Cliff Floyd until he gives me reason not to. :-°
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:11 am

davidmarver wrote:
Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Nope.

If you can get him for Mench sure, but most owners would certainly ask for more. I really have no confidence in Beltran improving this season. He's not a guy I personally would be looking to trade for this season. I just don't see the numbers being there to warrant him starting.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:30 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Even with my Beltran-optimism, I'll still going back to benching him for Cliff Floyd until he gives me reason not to. :-°

There's my reason... he just hit a two run jack from my bench. :-°
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers