Does Beltran have any value whatsoever? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Beltran have any value whatsoever?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does Beltran have any value whatsoever?

Postby Philliebuster » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:49 am

He barely breaks the top 60 OF in my cbs points league. Should I still expect to get a top 10 OF for him in return. Would you take him for a Crawford or Pierre, or who would you expect? He could be the biggest flop this season, thoughts?

Maybe he will announce to the whole world that he will start stealing bases again. I never understood that...in the beginning of the season he stated TO THE MEDIA that he wouldn't be stealing bases, and he didn't, then he announced to the world again shortly before the AS break that he would be stealing bases again and that night he swiped two. DON'T tell the opposing teams your plans...and now another drout. I know that he had 27 swipes after the break last season, but i'm not sure that the same can be expected this season. My thoughts are they should have DL'd him long ago to let his quad heal.

Another observation that one of the announcers made during a game was that when Beltran takes a lead and he has his hands resting on his knees, he's not running....on the other hand...when hands off the knees...he takes off. Needless to say i've seen his hands on his knees plenty this season, yapping away with the opposing first baseman.....at least make it seem like you are going to run Carlos.

I'm not sure if this post is a rant or a question....but very dissappointed.

~Sleepless in NJ
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:52 am

NO...I wouldn't want Beltran for Crawford or Pierre.......at all.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Irish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:07 am

I wouldn't want Beltran for anybody at this point.

He ain't coming around, he's the biggest bust by far, and may God have mercy on his soul.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:22 am

May god rest his soul? Kinda harsh...but possibly fitting. He's probably not a good sell low candidate.....I just couldn't bring myself to deal a projected #1 draft pick for a Brady Clark type even....pitiful....what a pitiful situation.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laurence » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:27 am

i woudlnt trade for beltran..he is garbage right now
Laurence
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:27 am

Irish wrote:I wouldn't want Beltran for anybody at this point.

He ain't coming around, he's the biggest bust by far, and may God have mercy on his soul.

hahah that was funny...

yea he's been a bust...I gotta keep him in my lineup though for the week he hits 10 hrs
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:31 am

I think he's gonna settle in as a Brian Giles-level player -- which is very disappointing for his owners who paid top dollar for him this year. He's not a bad hitter, but he's not a great one either. As for his steals, I think you can forget about them. He's just not running. Not at all.

Beyond that, I'm tired of hearing all the bullsh!t from him and the team about his running. At the beginning of the season, if I recall correctly, the word was that he was NOT gonna run that much. Then the fans started going ballistic at his crap-ola performance, and he said he would be running but for a mysterious leg injury. Willie chimed in and assured everyone that he had the green light. "Just wait," they all said. Well, he has since recovered from the injury -- or so the team says -- and what happened? SQUAT.

There are two options, and neither of them are good for Beltran's owners. First, he is fine but just doesn't plan to run. Second, the leg injury is still bothering him. In either case, it would be unreasonable to expect a lot from him in 2005.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Philliebuster » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:36 am

If I get Giles numbers, i'd be estatic.....I noticed that giles has around 70-80 walks already this season....in my points league a walk is as good as a hit.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:37 pm

He must have some value ... the owner in my league won't part with him. (And, no, I haven't tried Brady Clark straight-up !+)).
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:43 pm

Funny to say this, I am feverishly trying to pry Beltran in one of my leagues. I offered Hudson and Iguchi after I was told that he needed MI/SP....and then was told that it wasn't that great of an offer... :-?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers