Video Gamers: ESPN 2k5 glitch? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Video Gamers: ESPN 2k5 glitch?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Video Gamers: ESPN 2k5 glitch?

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:03 pm

Hey everyone....

This one goes out to anyone who is or has played ESPN 2k5.

Right now, I'm in my season, going along 10 games in, twice through the rotation. No sweat, this is fun, I think. I play my 11th game, where I have Pedro throw the ball for my Mets. Cool.

Just out of curiousity, I decide to see what his stamina is after his 73 pitch outing the night before. It doesn't seem to be changed. So, hoping that this isn't the case, I start him and hope his stamina is drained. Three innings in, it doesn't seem to be.

In theory, this isn't a big deal, just be honest to yourself and go through the rotation each time and don't start your ace over and over. Just seems to be a huge letdown, because I often like starting my ace on three or four days rest when he is not at full strength for strategy, etc.

So, my question is....is this the case? Or is there some option that I mistakenly have switched to the wrong setting? Has anyone encountered and manipulated this glitch? Imagine the ace of your team with 125-35 record on the year. Very realistic. ;-7
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:15 pm

Not only is he throwing well, he has a perfect game through 5 and is by far pitching his best ball on the season.

Uh oh, I jinxed it.... :-b

If anyone has come across this....please share. :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:20 pm

Dude, if I knew..I would tell you..But I dont..

Cause the only baseball game I play is MVP 2005 B-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:21 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Dude, if I knew..I would tell you..But I dont..

I own MVP 2004, but wasn't really feeling it. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer the ESPN games...until now, it seems... :-/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:23 pm

Word, MVP is the way to go. Sorry poka, hopefully somebody will be able to help you out. That's a real bummer if it is true. I've only played ESPN in a single game multiplayer mode, so I can't help you out.

:-?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:33 pm

pokerplaya wrote:

I own MVP 2004, but wasn't really feeling it. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer the ESPN games...until now, it seems... :-/

The ESPN baseball game is the best out of all their games. The football game would be good except when you run they look like complete morons. (Anyone know what I'm talking about?)

But Yeah, Real bummer if it's true. Wish I could help you out man. :-S
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:43 pm

Well it doesn't look good. :-/

He pitched his best game of the season going 9.0IP 13k's 1BB 1 hit and outduelled AJ Burnett for the W. He tired out in the 7th, but pitches thrown wise, I think that was about normal for him. So, tomorrow I will pitch him a third straight game and probably will find the same outcome. Then I'll tinker with settings and try to find a miracle, and if not throw the game to the bottom of my shelf where all bad games go to die. :,-(

If anyone can shed any light on this, or wishes to share a similarly pathetic video game story, be my guest.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:43 am

You may have turned off fatigue as that is an option in MVP 2005....because I don't have the game you're playing.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laurence » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:05 am

MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laurence
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:07 pm

LooseCannon wrote:You may have turned off fatigue as that is an option in MVP 2005....because I don't have the game you're playing.

I'll look for the MVP option, thanks. ;-D

Sure are a lot of MVP players on this site. I think I'm the only one that actually prefers ESPN. When it comes to other games, give me EA every day of the week.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Next

Return to General Talk