A commish with a problem, please help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A commish with a problem, please help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:46 pm

i dont like the idea of a redraft. first there is the problem of the dead teams having no one (or at least no one good) on their roster. then there is the problem of everyone have an all-star team. what fun is that? when i have dead teams and i am the commish i will usually give them the ron popeil treatment--just set the lineup to something reasonable and then forget it. make moves only when necessary to replace guys on the dl with whoever yahoo ranks highest. the dead teams will generally still be mildly competitive.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jonessoda1314 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:48 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i dont like the idea of a redraft. first there is the problem of the dead teams having no one (or at least no one good) on their roster. then there is the problem of everyone have an all-star team. what fun is that? when i have dead teams and i am the commish i will usually give them the ron popeil treatment--just set the lineup to something reasonable and then forget it. make moves only when necessary to replace guys on the dl with whoever yahoo ranks highest. the dead teams will generally still be mildly competitive.

thats what i was worried about is the dead teams, who just suck, and lose 0-10 to the otehr teams... what i think im gonna do is make a thread on the forum we post on, where the everyone who is still there can see and offer trades, and once the active teams say tis ok, i will drop/add players from each team to make a trade...
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: A commish with a problem, please help!

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:49 pm

jonessoda1314 wrote:im the commish of a 12 team 5x5 H2H yahoo leauge, and it seems that there are only about 5 teams that are actually still active.
were discussing what to do to make the league more fun, and weve thought about having a draft from the players of the inactive teams, or somthing. But that would be unfair to the teams that dont play those teams again, becuase the peoplew ho do would get a auto 10-0 win...
is there anything i can do to take control of the other teams and do trades with them, or give them to other people or somthing?

i need help! thanks

well one thing you could do now as commish, is go in and set there lineups to the best possible lineup. Be ethical for sure, but get the best starters in and make sure that there are no DL players, things like that.
For next season, use an invite only system to fill the rest of the spots. It sounds like you have a nice base for a league, and maybe as commish you could go out and recruit a few guys whom you will think be competetive. The Cafe Classifieds would be a solid place to start.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:51 pm

I would be kind of annoyed if you re-drafted/traded top players to my competitor if I was leading the league currently. That simply is not fair to those leading now. There is no reason to move players off dead teams imo. That someone gets a soft opponent is the luck of the schedule and more in line with the way things operate in H2h anyway.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:52 pm

jonessoda1314 wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:i dont like the idea of a redraft. first there is the problem of the dead teams having no one (or at least no one good) on their roster. then there is the problem of everyone have an all-star team. what fun is that? when i have dead teams and i am the commish i will usually give them the ron popeil treatment--just set the lineup to something reasonable and then forget it. make moves only when necessary to replace guys on the dl with whoever yahoo ranks highest. the dead teams will generally still be mildly competitive.

thats what i was worried about is the dead teams, who just suck, and lose 0-10 to the otehr teams... what i think im gonna do is make a thread on the forum we post on, where the everyone who is still there can see and offer trades, and once the active teams say tis ok, i will drop/add players from each team to make a trade...

I wouldn't allow trades with the dead teams ..
Just set them to the best possible, and then keep an eye on them for the rest of the season.

No trades ..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby jonessoda1314 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:01 pm

wrveres wrote:
jonessoda1314 wrote:

I wouldn't allow trades with the dead teams ..
Just set them to the best possible, and then keep an eye on them for the rest of the season.

No trades ..

the only thing that stinks with no trades with the dead teams is that, if you cnat trade with the active managers and really need say, a closer or base stealer..... you just flat out screwed, at least this way they can actually have a chance
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laurence » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:37 am

Registered_Guest wrote:Find better owners next year. That's the best you can do.
i hate people who bail on their teams
Laurence
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers