Fantasy baseball dream- multiple team trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy baseball dream- multiple team trades

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy baseball dream- multiple team trades

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:53 pm

I wish that Yahoo, CBS, or somebody would allow you to do multiple team trades. I'd love to work out deals like that where I could do 3-4 way deals with multiple teams. Basically a team would be informed of the players they would be receiving and the players they are giving up. They could also see who they're giving their players to. All teams would have to click accept for the deal to go through. Is there anywhere that allows this?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby savvy_stu » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:00 pm

I've managed to accomplish one 3-way trade each year for the last three seasons... But the only way I've been able to do'em is via messenger and e-mail... But I agree that it'd be sweet if there were a way to orchestrate them via the fantasy site itself.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:01 pm

If your commish has control of teams...he could force a trade through like this. I tried a three way deal once and of course one guy backed out halfway through the player swap. Luckily I was the commish of the that league and helped him along...but in general I would not trust another owner to keep his word.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Fantasy baseball dream- multiple team trades

Postby Webster11 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:02 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I wish that Yahoo, CBS, or somebody would allow you to do multiple team trades. I'd love to work out deals like that where I could do 3-4 way deals with multiple teams. Basically a team would be informed of the players they would be receiving and the players they are giving up. They could also see who they're giving their players to. All teams would have to click accept for the deal to go through. Is there anywhere that allows this?

I make 3 team trades all the time in my league. Theyre usually harder to work out but all I had to do in my league was make a post saying that it was a 3 sport deal, and then send out multiple trades so that the players are on the correct teams
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mills13 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:04 pm

We do three team or four team deals too. It gets complex and is a trust issue, but it gets done.
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:17 pm

Mills13 wrote:We do three team or four team deals too. It gets complex and is a trust issue, but it gets done.

I know you can agree on through message board on deals. What I'm saying is that if it was built into Yahoo or whatever that you could offer through the system just like you do with trades with one team now.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Half Massed » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:55 pm

its possible now, but you have to trust the other owners. i get what your saying that if there was a way to do it through one big trade proposal type thing rather than a bunch of little trades. that would be nice...
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:22 pm

Naw....My fantasy dream is to get the first 25 picks in a 10 team dynasty keeper league.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby evil_beaver_dp » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:24 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Naw....My fantasy dream is to get the first 25 picks in a 10 team dynasty keeper league.

Then have the Evil Beavers come back to beat you }:-)
evil_beaver_dp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers