Sanders out 4-6 weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sanders out 4-6 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sanders out 4-6 weeks

Postby Registered_Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:47 am

Reggie Sanders was found to have a non-displaced hairline fracture of the fibula in his right leg and is expected to miss four to six weeks.
Bad news for his fantasy owners, but the Cardinals can do without Sanders for a month. This might actually turn out to be a good thing for them if it means they'll acquire a better fourth outfielder for the stretch run. The plan for now is to call up John Rodriguez from Triple-A and have him share time with So Taguchi and John Mabry in left field. Jul. 18 - 1:17 am et
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:56 am

man. i knew it was too good to be true when someone dropped him a few days ago in my 14 team league. good thing i can still cancel that ww request.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:07 am

The injuries just keep on comin. :,-(
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:18 am

:-C

Time to hit the free agent pool. :-C
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ScythehandsVoxslayer » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:31 am

That is just completely awesome to hear. This guy is leading my team in HR, RBI, and SB and somehow I'm still in third place in a 13 team league.

There go my chances.
Curt Schilling: [i] My main is a 49 Monk named Scythehands Voxslayer, and my alt's name is Cylc, Dwarven Cleric 19th level.[/i]
ScythehandsVoxslayer
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:14 am

Sounds like Edmonds was pretty banged up as a result as well.

St Louis Post Dispatch wrote:Center fielder Jim Edmonds was in the lineup despite being wrapped like a mummy before the game, having injured his back, ribs, shoulders and ankle in a collision with left fielder Reggie Sanders on Friday night....

Collision with Sanders shook Edmonds

Edmonds, whose right shoulder still was troubling him, said he never had collided with an another oufielder in such fashion as Friday's scrape. He said the only instance resembling it came when he and Angels outfielder Garret Anderson bumped while trying to bring back a home run ball in Kansas City.

Edmonds said that neither player had called for the ball Friday. "I didn't think Reggie was going to be anywhere near it," Edmonds said. "But he was obviously there a lot easier than I was. It was just bad communication. And we both paid for it."

Sanders smiled and said, "I think he forgot I'm faster than he is." Upon hearing this, Edmonds smiled and said, "I underestimated his ability to communicate."

Edmonds acknowledged he had been knocked a little loopy after the mishap, leading to some spurious baserunning on his part in the bottom of the inning. First, he didn't advance from second to third on a ground ball, and then he took a wide turn around third and eased to a stop when he thought Larry Walker had hit into an inning-ending double play. The double play actually wasn't completed until an unsuspecting Edmonds was tagged out.

"I knew how many outs there were," Edmonds said. "I just thought the ball was a double-play ball. I wasn't in too good a shape to make decisions at the time. It took me a couple of innings to clear my head."
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:42 am

This one is almost enough to make me drop Bonds and/or Sanders in a Dynasty League where the injuries are aplenty and I'm out of DL spots. But Chipper is coming back just in time.

Too bad for Sanders. He was having a nice season. I wonder if this is enough to slow down the Cards and make the NL Central a closer race.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:09 am

mcqfesijiba wrote:Too bad for Sanders. He was having a nice season. I wonder if this is enough to slow down the Cards and make the NL Central a closer race.

the cards survived without rolen for awhile so i think they will keep on chugging along without reggie. i really wish edmonds would take a little more control out there because he frequently seems to have communication problems with the other outfielders.

anyway, the cards have called up 27yo johnny rodriguez who was acquired for dirt earlier in the season from the cleveland indians organization. spent several years with the yankees org prior to that doing a whole lot of nothing. however, since he was assigned to memphis he hit .342 with 17 homers and 47 rbi in 33 games. the cards could also get a little more active in the trade market. i had heard they inquired about david delucci a week or two ago.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:05 am

I was actually looking at him. Not any more.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers