Some advice would be greatly appreciated - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Some advice would be greatly appreciated

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some advice would be greatly appreciated

Postby LCBOY » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:29 pm

I need some advice here. I think I should trade Rentaria while his value is still high. But no one is biting. I am concerned with Austin Kearns. Blalock has been great but is he really a .355 hitter? As soon as Johnson comes back I will probaby dump Batista. Frank Thomas and Morgan Ensberg are still available as FAs. So far I am doing well. I just fell out of 1st last week but am in 2nd right on the leader's tails!!

Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball points league/head to head. Ten team league with, 21 players per team, 40 moves maximum.

C- B. Santiago
1B -J. Thome
2B -B. Boone
SS -R. Furcal, E. Rentaria
3B -H. Blalock
OF -M. Ramirez
OF -A. Kearns
OF -B. Abreu
OF/1B -R. Klesko
SP -R. Johnson (DL)
SP -W. Miller
SP -J. Schmidt
SP -K. Millwood
SP -B. Myers
SP -T. Lilly
SP -K. Wells
SP/RP -M. Batista
RP -B. Wagner
RP -O. Dotel
RP -J. Borowski
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cwebb » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:49 am

Blalock is a good hitter, but if you could package him in a deal with Renteria and Kearns and get a stud OF in return, it surely wouldn't hurt too much.

Then you could pick up Ensberg, if he's still available.

But anyway, I like your team... and before you drop Batista, try to trade him, too! He's a starter and simply dropping him would only feed some waiver wire sharks!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CaptainJenks » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:46 pm

Your pitching staff is weak. what are you thinking with miller and everyone likes wells but he does play for the bucs and has like 2 wins
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LCBOY » Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:01 pm

CaptainJenks wrote:Your pitching staff is weak. what are you thinking with miller and everyone likes wells but he does play for the bucs and has like 2 wins

You are right. You don't think Miller is that good? I still have high hopes with Miller. He has had two strong years ('01, '02) and he was a monster in the 2nd half of '02. I play in a H2H points league with 10 pitching categories:
APP
IP
W
L
CG
SHO
SV
ER
BB
Ks

So Wells should score points for me even though he'll have a low win total. As soon as I get the Big Unit back I have to decide who to drop. I see it between Batista/Wells/Lilly. What do you think?

Update: I dropped Borowski and picked up Baez.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team