World series of poker(ESPN wtf?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

World series of poker(ESPN wtf?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:47 am

Everyone is missing the point.

First of all, all the episodes except for the last 6 or so are OTHER TOURNAMENTS LEADING UP TO THE MAIN EVENT.

So unless you actually looked at ALL the winners (which I did, lol) then watching the final tables of the Omaha Championship, for instance, will still be fun.

The main event might not be as dramatic, but up until the last table there is a ton of drama and interaction.

I don't watch the WSOP to see who wins, I watch it to see confrontations between Hellmuth and some crappy internet qualifier who busts him, or Matusow mixing it up.

If learning of the winner ruins it for you, then you must not like poker that much in the first place. ;-)
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:54 am

I can't speak to all of the different SportsCenters that covered it, but on the one I was watching they said something like this:

"Ok, now we're going to report who won the $7.5 M 2005 WSOP championships. If you don't want to hear this, would rather wait until they air and want to be surprised, please turn your head and press mute, or change the channel for the next 2 minutes so we don't give it away. (Pause) Ok, now to the poker. Blah blah blah"

If you were paying attention and didn't want your surprise ruined, you could have avoided it by simply changing the channel for two minutes. Sorry guys.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I can't speak to all of the different SportsCenters that covered it, but on the one I was watching they said something like this:

"Ok, now we're going to report who won the $7.5 M 2005 WSOP championships. If you don't want to hear this, would rather wait until they air and want to be surprised, please turn your head and press mute, or change the channel for the next 2 minutes so we don't give it away. (Pause) Ok, now to the poker. Blah blah blah"

If you were paying attention and didn't want your surprise ruined, you could have avoided it by simply changing the channel for two minutes. Sorry guys.

Ah, see they didn't do that on ESPNEWS, they just showed it without any warning. That's what got me.

Yeah, the other non main event tournaments will be fun to watch. I forgot about those. I will watch those for sure. ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:35 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Did anyone even post here who won last year before it aired?? I don't think so.

Not to disagree, but it's right here and said long before it got televised:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65600&highlight=raymer

;-)

You kinda proved my point for me. ;-)

It got 3-4 responses in 1 thread. Now, we have 3-4 threads about this stuff. Last year, you had to search out this stuff. Now, it searches for you.

It is all relative with the explosion of poker.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:34 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Did anyone even post here who won last year before it aired?? I don't think so.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65600&highlight=raymer

;-)

It got 3-4 responses in 1 thread. Now, we have 3-4 threads about this stuff. Last year, you had to search out this stuff. Now, it searches for you.

Well it was also that our member base was what? 2 thousand? Now it's 16K+? ;-)

Oh, and here's a 3 page poker thread from July of last year and the winner is named in this thread too:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81008&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:15 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

;-)

Oh, and here's a 3 page poker thread from July of last year and the winner is named in this thread too:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81008&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

;-)

My point was that it's all relative. Poker has really taken off. It is evident by all of the added TV coverage, internet coverage, side games, and discussion here.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:42 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

;-)

;-)

My point was that it's all relative. Poker has really taken off. It is evident by all of the added TV coverage, internet coverage, side games, and discussion here.

True, there's no disputing that the world of poker is still growing even now. ;-D

Just pointing out that the winner was posted here and discussed long before it hit the television. That's all. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:40 am

Guess I'm glad I wasn't around this place last year then? :-° ;-)
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:53 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Guess I'm glad I wasn't around this place last year then? :-° ;-)

Everyone was glad. :-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Re: Where is the Hamster

Postby Laurence » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:43 am

SonsofSlam04 wrote:Hamster where are you ? ... We have something for you to gobble up!...
this is general talk buddy nothing wrong here
Laurence
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk