Need some draft advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need some draft advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some draft advice

Postby BravesGuy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:30 am

I am getting ready for a mid-season draft for a cbs sportsline league, the was my picks are set up right now is below, It has my first pick being a starting pitcher and my 2nd being a releif pitcher, and so on.....i was under the impression that its better to draft RP lower than the 2nd round. is this a good draft order? thanks guys.....oh yeah its an auto-draft. right now there are 10 teams, but we might get a few more by draft day

Starting Pitchers
Relief Pitchers
Left Fielders
Center Fielders
Right Fielders
Catchers
First Basemen
Second Basemen
Third Basemen
Shortstops
Starting Pitchers (2nd)
Left Fielder (2nd)
Center Fielder (2nd)
Right Fielder (2nd)
Outfielder (7th)
Catcher (2nd)
Starting Pitchers (3rd)
Starting Pitchers (4th)
Starting Pitchers (5th)
Relief Pitchers (2nd)
Relief Pitchers (3rd)
Relief Pitchers (4th)
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RC » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:24 pm

Tough to say as you never want to take a closer that high at the start of the season as their probuction is very unpredictable. But mid-season could be different. I've never done one.

I think the approach of best player available is a good one for rounds 1 and 2. After that, filling shallow positions (like SS, 2B, C and maybe even RP in mid-season draft) could help you if you take a position scarcity type apporach.

It's always easier to get a contributing SP, OF, 1B, 3B later in the draft as a lot of teams will draft best player available. But the difference between Aramis Ramirez in the 2nd/3rd v. David Wright in the 5th/6th isn't too far off. That way you can get a much stronger player at SS and 2B.

You won't have as much production from your 3B spot, but you'll have more from your team overall with that approach.

That's my approach, but not the only way to go.

Hope that helps. Good luck in the draft.
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:43 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 762)

Return to Baseball Leftovers