The Cubs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Cubs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Cubs

Postby gabenterprises » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:49 pm

Does anyone else find the Cubs are going to have a great second half? An actual rotation of Prior, Wood, Zambrano, Maddux? C'mon.
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steelers Rule » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:10 pm

if they stay healthy they have a great staff, so yes they will be better ;-D
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

Re: The Cubs

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:18 pm

gabenterprises wrote:Does anyone else find the Cubs are going to have a great second half? An actual rotation of Prior, Wood, Zambrano, Maddux? C'mon.

We have been thinking that for years now. The hard part is keeping Wood and Prior healthy.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:37 pm

they need to replace neifi (how close is nomar from coming back?) and probably get another outfielder.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby reznorsboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:24 pm

Yes I expect a good second half. Wood seems to have changed his mechanics just enough to avoid injury and still be effective. Neifi will be OK until Nomar is back. Jay Payton would have been a nice addition but I wouldn't mind them getting someone before the deadline. Maybe Craig Wilson or Matt Lawton from the farm team...I mean from the pirates. :-b
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:48 pm

cubs have no chance for that wild card. they play no defense and have a horrendus pen.

prediction alert * houstons gonna end up winning the card by 5+ games with or without adam dunn 8-o
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cookman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:48 pm

Lawton would be great, I don't really see them needing Craig Wilson. I haven't heard any rumors of that, though, or even that the Pirates are shopping him. Is that just wishful thinking or have you heard something? Thank god Washington took Preston off the Rockies hands so the Cubs didn't make a stupid move for him. While I would like to see the Cubs make a move to strengthen their outfield, I haven't heard of many guys on the market that would really be that big of improvement over their guys now. Holly is solid if unspectacular, Hairston isn't great, but he's the only decent lead-off guy on the entire team, and Dubois has a ton of power but doesn't get on base enough. They are definitely all serviceable. I just don't want Hendry to make a move for another average outfielder JUST so he can say he made a move.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers