beurhle - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

beurhle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

beurhle

Postby tallmike » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:33 am

is it a lost year? a lost career? or simply a lost start and he should be grabbed right now?

I'm inclined to grab him but would like other perspectives.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr.DooM » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:55 am

He's pitched well in his last 3 starts but he's not getting any run support. He had a few really bad outings that have inflated his stats but he seems to have turned things around. That being said, he's just a mediocre pitcher who had good run support last year. He'll probably settle down with an ERA of 3.70-3.90 and about 110 Ks. I picked him up from the FA pool last week simply because I was under by 30 innings. Until the White Sox break out of their slump, he's going to be the first pitcher I bench once I'm caught up.

I would recommend picking him up from the FA pool if you really need another starter. I wouldn't think of trading for him or wasting a waiver spot. I'm also assuming there's no one decent left in the FA pool either.
Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Dr.DooM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pilambp » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:37 am

I'll call it a bad start to the season. He's young, and as a soft-tosser, when he gets hit, he gets hit hard. He's still working on that control and is young enough to still improve. Pitchers don't peak until their late 20s, and Buehrle turns 24 this year. His win totals may have been a bit inflated over the last couple years with a great offense behind him, but I think he's a solid pitcher. He loses a lot of fantasy accolades because of his lack of strikeouts. So when he's not winning, people can find the low ERA and WHIP elsewhere.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers