Ensberg and Willis for Bagwell? Would you make this trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ensberg and Willis for Bagwell? Would you make this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ensberg and Willis for Bagwell? Would you make this trade?

Postby Please give me advice » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:34 am

I have an owner in my league that has given up on Bagwell
....He is looking for 3B and a SP....I have offered Ensberg and Willis for him ....
I am in a 10 team H2H keeper league ...I could use the help at 1B ...my current starters at 1B's are Durazo and D Young, at 3B I start Blalock and Chavez with Ensberg as a backup. I have the following pitchers starting for me: Zito, Mulder, Prior, Willis, Pavano, Kinney, Ainsworth and waiting in the wings O Perez and R Harden....Would you make this trade if you were me? Ensberg and Willis for Bagwell...Thanks to all who respond
Please give me advice

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby phunkadelic » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:52 am

I would do it unless in your keeper league you get to keep more than half your team. Ensberg and Willis could be good keepers down the road, but they surely wouldn't be the top 3 or 5 on your team if that's all you can keep.

Yes, Bagwell is better than both of them combined and that's where you really need help anyway. ;-D
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pilambp » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:33 am

I would do it. Bagwell is a proven 1B that will continue to produce for another five years while Ensberg is just a hot player right now. He's doing very well, but no one projects him to be a superstar. Willis could pan out to be a very good SP down the line, but I think there's always a risk in young pitchers. Just look at the struggles faced by Josh Beckett and Rick Ankiel in recent years.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:22 am

I'd do it. Bagwell is too good to pass up (even though he's in a slump right now).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby timkell » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:35 am

Agreed. Ensberg won't even start on your team, and Bagwell is worth Willis. It would nice if you could get someone better than Bagwell, but you'd have to pay a much steeper price.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers