the news on bonds just keeps looking worse... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

the news on bonds just keeps looking worse...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Yea Ding Dong the witch is dead! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm sorry, but WHAT A BIYATCH.

He whines and moans about steroid accusations and this and that, then he does basically nothing to get back to playable form the year they start aggresively testing.

You'd think he'd want to prove his critics wrong.

This guy is a joke. One of the few people on earth that I wouldn't feel any sympathy for if I heard he was hit by a bus. :-t
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OREO fan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Irish wrote:I'm sorry, but WHAT A BIYATCH.

He whines and moans about steroid accusations and this and that, then he does basically nothing to get back to playable form the year they start aggresively testing.

This guy is a joke. One of the few people on earth that I wouldn't feel any sympathy for if I heard he was hit by a bus. :-t

wow - pretty harsh - i hate bonds but didn't he go through 3 knee surgeries, the last one as recently as may - not to mention a serious infection resulting from one of them - i am sure he is working as hard as he can - its not like this guy has ever been lazy

and i would say if you need the DL spot - feel free to drop him - i can't see him coming back this year
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:02 pm

Agreed ! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:33 pm

OREO fan wrote:

wow - pretty harsh - i hate bonds but didn't he go through 3 knee surgeries, the last one as recently as may - not to mention a serious infection resulting from one of them - i am sure he is working as hard as he can - its not like this guy has ever been lazy

and i would say if you need the DL spot - feel free to drop him - i can't see him coming back this year

I know about the surgeries/infection etc, but why were there so many projections for him then? FIVE different times they thought he would resume playing.

It seems a bit fishy when people expect you to play and then it gets extended, then it happens five times. I'm sure the infection etc was serious, I don't doubt that, but it doesn't seem like he was working his but off trying to get back.

I'm also a little bitter because someone in my league traded away Bonds just about 5 days ago in a deal to get Tex. :-/

Anyway, I send my regards to all Bonds owners.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:38 pm

I'm not a Bonds fan by any stretch of the imagination, but to say that he's not playing to avoid steroid testing is ridiculous, IMO. If Barry were physically healthy enough to be playing baseball right now, believe me, he'd be playing baseball right now
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:31 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:I'm not a Bonds fan by any stretch of the imagination, but to say that he's not playing to avoid steroid testing is ridiculous, IMO. If Barry were physically healthy enough to be playing baseball right now, believe me, he'd be playing baseball right now

I'm not saying he's avoiding testing, but probably avoiding the chance he may not be the same player once he is forced to stop using. Throw out all the arguments about roids affect on a player, I still think anyone who is on them for years is bound to feel a lack of cofidence once they are forced to go off for fear of the unkown.

Either way, I don't like that he is a cheater, I don't like that he constantly blames others, and I don't like that he has all these great things and still feels the need to have such a negative attitude.

By no means a factual argument against Bonds, but one that I feel and won't back off of. I'm not a bonds owner so I have nothing invested, but people like him just irk me for some reason.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dodger Blue » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:10 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Hell he's been there this long, he's just going to ride out the year in my DL spot if need be. I've gotten used to him. It's kind of like that ugly coffee table you just can't throw away.

Haha, totally know what you mean..

But I'm so tempted to drop this guy.. :-[

Already did in a one DL spot league I'm in.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby soxwillchoke » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:33 am

Irish wrote:I know about the surgeries/infection etc, but why were there so many projections for him then? FIVE different times they thought he would resume playing.

It seems a bit fishy when people expect you to play and then it gets extended, then it happens five times. I'm sure the infection etc was serious, I don't doubt that, but it doesn't seem like he was working his but off trying to get back.

We get that you don't like the guy. But don't throw in stuff that doesn't even apply to him.

1. Who is making these projections? Bonds? No. The Giants? No. ESPN - YES - because they want you to watch Sportscenter.

2. Name any player in any sport who has undergone two knee surgeries within a season that has returned to play in that season. He's like 40 years old and you actually want to knock him because he cant' come back from multiple surguries and a staff infection in a matter of months.

If you want to hate, just say you're hating. Don't try and talk about stuff you don't know - like how hard Bonds is working.
soxwillchoke
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 1Bogie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:43 pm

I waived him last week. Cut your losses now. IMO
1Bogie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers